Old April 17th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Slow Code

Default Heard today on our local two meter repeater.

CQ DX, CQ DX, CQ DX, CQ DX... and done phonetically.

I almost crashed the car laughing so hard. At least there wasn't any CB
lingo or I would have crashed. Thanks ARRL, keep on pushing your dumb it
down proposals.

Old April 17th 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
an Old friend

Default get help

Slow Code wrote:
CQ DX, CQ DX, CQ DX, CQ DX... and done phonetically.

you sure it was a crosslinked to 10 M FM repeater I have made such
calls from2 ro 10m myself. and been answered by Russians sure it don't
count for the awards a lot of folksare after but I did not care itwas
nice to talk some folks froma great distance

Old April 18th 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
N9OGL

It sounds like it's either a cross link like you said mark, or
echolink. My 2 meter repeater is hooked into echolink, so we have a lot
of people calling CQ all the time, and as far away as Japan.

Todd N9OGL

Old April 18th 06, 06:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old freind

N9OGL wrote:
It sounds like it's either a cross link like you said mark, or
echolink. My 2 meter repeater is hooked into echolink, so we have a lot
of people calling CQ all the time, and as far away as Japan.

I love the crosslinked one In stouis I could reach it from illiopolis
but I got down close enough to stl Mo to use fairly often

I admit I had not thought of echolink I have NO experence with it yet
since none of the local repatershave it and and havement had enough
time anywhere it is used to try it out

Todd N9OGL

Old April 18th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Slow Code

"N9OGL" wrote in
oups.com:

It sounds like it's either a cross link like you said mark, or
echolink. My 2 meter repeater is hooked into echolink, so we have a lot
of people calling CQ all the time, and as far away as Japan.

Todd N9OGL

Not cross-linked on this repeater. Just a newbie. Someone corrected him.
He didn't work any DX, but got to meet some of the locals.

SC

Old April 19th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
N9OGL

well, it depends really, if the bands open you can talk dx on 2 meters.
I've done DX on a 23cm repeaters talked 300 miles away. I know it's not
DX DX but it's long distance and it was neat to talk to these guys who
were in the northern part of chicago. I've also done alot of DXing on 2
meter repeaters when the bands open. talked on the St. Louis repeater,
which I can hit at home with no problem and talked to as far away as
oklahoma.

Todd N9OGL

Old April 19th 06, 01:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Like you would know anything, Toad, you fired Wal-Mart stock BOY.

Old April 19th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
an_old_friend

wrote:
Like you would know anything, Toad, you fired Wal-Mart stock BOY.

well at least he had a job when did you last have one Wisemen

Old April 20th 06, 06:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Billy Smith

wrote:

Like you would know anything, Toad, you fired Wal-Mart stock BOY.

That's still one step above an unemployable loser like yourself Wussman.