Old June 6th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
JMH

Default Newbie to getting QSL cards

Hi,

Ive always been listening to AM for the purpose of seeing how far away
I could recieve signals. I just always thought it really neat that
some stations would shut off at sundown, yet we could hear stations
from FAR away on AM afterwards. One of the first I recall is when 840
WVPO shut down, and we started getting sound from Louisville, KY
afterwards.. from NE PA!

Anyway, Ive finally after many years decided to research about AM radio
and getting in far away stations... i didnt realize how much
information there is online.

One thing ive never seen in my searching is the whole QSL thing.

It appears that amateur radio folks still like to send QSL cards to one
another... and shortwave stations appear to send them too. However, I
have not seen anything about people sending out for and collecting QSL
cards for "DXing" on broadcast band AM.

Do people do this? Do stations still send out cards if you send a
SASE? I think its a really neat thing to do, but all the QSL cards I
see onlne are in online museums and are really old...

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

JMH

Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #682 Tedd Mirgliotta Dx 2 October 25th 04 04:04 AM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #682 Tedd Mirgliotta Dx 0 October 24th 04 09:22 PM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #682 Tedd Mirgliotta Info 0 October 24th 04 09:22 PM
To ALL DX! Me Dx 16 April 1st 04 06:52 AM
ARRL's Incoming QSL Burro Screwing NON ARRL members! NIW Policy 0 March 23rd 04 11:29 PM