Old June 18th 06, 08:14 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tim Williams

Default A Complex Metaphysical Conundrum...

wrote in message
oups.com...
The complex, metaphysical conundrum that arises from this is: can QM
(highly theoretical even if you actually work hands-on with particle
accelerators) ever be accurately described as a 'hobby?'

Well, I know that some people persue mathematics as a "hobby". Nothing
could be less hands-on, but it's a hobby nonetheless.

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: a very philosophical monk.

Old June 18th 06, 08:47 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
an old friend

"Rich Webb" wrote in message
On 18 Jun 2006 17:08:59 +0200, David wrote:

[snip...snip...]
So what? Is that some sort of red-neck test of manhood?

No, the red-neck test of manhood is to fish the oil drain plug out of
the bucket of hot oil, bare-handed. It doesn't count unless the oil is
elbow deep and from a hot engine. ;-)

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

an then you rub the oil in your hair to keep it shiny

Old June 18th 06, 09:26 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Michael A. Terrell

Andy wrote:

David wrote:
Given that you apparently know nothing about quantum mechanics, what
subjects were you thinking of?

***** I was thinking of ways of improving the flakiness of biscuits.
Also
a more efficient way of skinning rabbits....

I bet the SOB has never changed the oil in his own truck.....I bet
if he tried, he would mess it up.....

So what? Is that some sort of red-neck test of manhood?

****** Yes. If you can't do the basic essentials of life, you
shouldn't be
screwing around with theory of the universe.........

And just how often do you need to change the universe's oil, anyway?
;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old June 18th 06, 11:37 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Andy

Rich Webb wrote:
No, the red-neck test of manhood is to fish the oil drain plug out of
the bucket of hot oil, bare-handed. It doesn't count unless the oil is
elbow deep and from a hot engine. ;-)

Andy comments:
Yes.... but a true redneck doesn't use a bucket..... (grin)

Andy in Eureka, Texas

( If you've ever bet your buddy that you could shoot a beer
can off his head, you might live in Eureka, Texas )

Old June 19th 06, 03:59 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Dan Andersson

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Andy wrote:

David wrote:
Given that you apparently know nothing about quantum mechanics, what
subjects were you thinking of?

***** I was thinking of ways of improving the flakiness of biscuits.
Also
a more efficient way of skinning rabbits....

I bet the SOB has never changed the oil in his own truck.....I
bet
if he tried, he would mess it up.....

So what? Is that some sort of red-neck test of manhood?

****** Yes. If you can't do the basic essentials of life, you
shouldn't be
screwing around with theory of the universe.........

And just how often do you need to change the universe's oil, anyway?
;-)

Errmm! Some scientists claims the Universe is slowing down - The Oil
Maintenance is obviously overdue as the friction is to high!

Dan / M0DFI
Old June 20th 06, 12:28 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
an old freind

Default how? A Complex Metaphysical Conundrum...

how was wether or not quantum mechcanics is hobby a "A Complex
Metaphysical Conundrum..."

Old June 21st 06, 12:10 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:28:09 -0700, an old freind wrote:

how was wether or not quantum mechcanics is hobby a "A Complex
Metaphysical Conundrum..."

When all else fails, read the instructions:
http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3Ametaphysical
http://www.google.com/search?&q=define%3Aconundrum

Good Luck!
Rich