Old August 20th 06, 04:54 AM posted to alt.ham-radio.vhf-uhf,aus.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default VHF/UHF antenna on a motorcycle

On 19 Aug 2006 20:07:25 -0700, "

From: Tom on Fri, Aug 18 2006 3:02 am

I would like to install a VHF-UHF antenna on my motorcycle . It's a Suzuki
GSX750 . I did some tests with a Diamond NR-770H and it works well . The
only problem is that the antenna is to big for such a bike .
Afterwards i did a test with a Diamond NR-77 . The antenna is about 43 cm
and that's about the size i would like to use .
The problem i have with this antenna is the swr , it's to high .

Anyone an idea how i can solve this problem ?

Talk to your local two way radio supplier/service company about a
"ground independant" antenna.

Alan

--
Sell your surplus electronic components at
http://ozcomponents.com
Old September 4th 06, 04:26 AM posted to alt.ham-radio.vhf-uhf,aus.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc

a 300 ome twinlead j pole is 2 band and pouting it is a peace
ofd pvc pipe would make it self supproting
and no ground plain needed

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:02:01 GMT, "Tom"
wrote:

Hello all ,

I would like to install a VHF-UHF antenna on my motorcycle . It's a Suzuki
GSX750 . I did some tests with a Diamond NR-770H and it works well . The
only problem is that the antenna is to big for such a bike .
Afterwards i did a test with a Diamond NR-77 . The antenna is about 43 cm
and that's about the size i would like to use .
The problem i have with this antenna is the swr , it's to high .

Anyone an idea how i can solve this problem ?

Many thanks .

Tom

Bose Wave Radio - What's Your Opinion ? David Shortwave 16 June 12th 06 07:48 AM
Outside Antenna Rikk Shortwave 25 March 6th 06 06:53 PM
The "Almost" Delta Loop Antenna for Limited Space Shortwave Listening (SWL) made from TV 'type' Parts RHF Shortwave 0 October 16th 05 12:34 PM
WHY - The simple Random Wire Antenna is better than the Dipole Antenna for the Shortwave Listener (SWL) RHF Shortwave 15 September 13th 05 08:28 AM
Outdoor Scanner antenna and eventually a reference to SW reception Soliloquy Shortwave 2 September 29th 03 04:04 PM