Old September 27th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default HHH Update

Hi all,
I have had a bit of a busy half-year, with sickness in the family and the
like. But I have managed to add a few new projects that could be of interest
to my homepages on http://web.telia.com/~u85920178

Have you ever wondered how these old IF-cans can be re-used? I have two
different articles dedicated to them:
http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/begin/cans-0.htm (reusing IF cans)
http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/rx/tda7k-rx2.htm (TDA7000 for NBFM)
http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/bloc...mr_tube_00.htm (Making your
own)

Last month someone asked me how I choose values for components, but "Can you
add calculations". Ok, I did it, with a few over-simplifications, and for a
crude project:
http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/begin/bug_calc.htm (FM Wireless Microphone)
http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/begin/calc-00.htm (Includes loads of useful
calculators)

Earlier int he year I needed to throw together s quick VHF antenna for
446MHz, 432MHz, and again for 145MHz. When I had to do it for 105MHz I
created this project:
http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/antennas/vpole0.htm (15-minute +2.5dBd
antenna)

Where did those multi-gang tuning capacitors go? I needed one, so I etched
it on a PCB, cheap:
http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/use/tuning_caps.htm (multi-gang - for
HF/VHF)
http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/use/tuning_caps2.htm (PCB Preset capacitor)

If anyone can help me get the supplier and part number for "hobby time" I
couild use a bunch if it ;-)

Best regards Harry

Old September 27th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:24:37 +0200, "Harry Lethall"
wrote:

I have had a bit of a busy half-year, ...ad a few new projects that could be of interest
to my homepages on http://web.telia.com/~u85920178

http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/rx/tda7k-rx2.htm (TDA7000 for NBFM)

Best regards Harry

I like when someone fiddles with that TDA7000 chip :-))
I did it time ago too ! :-)) ... you will get mail ! :-)

--
Regards , SPAJKY ®
mail addr. @ my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com
Old September 28th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Harry Lethall wrote:
[...]

Hejsan, "Lethall Harry!" :-)

Excellent new pages on your website. The two on homemade
tuning capacitors is very good. Keep it up, please, should be of
help to many hobbyists, not just licensed radio amateurs.

Old September 29th 06, 10:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

I have received the mail, and I shall reply to it shortly - very interesting
views: needs some thought :-)

Nice change to get some "inteligent" mail for a change. Usually I get 90%
SPAM, and of the rest it is 80% "I want" or 20% "I wanna complain".

Old September 29th 06, 10:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Oh yes, I do intend to keep it up.
I am in the middle of building a TV transmitter with HB tuning caps built on
the PCB, but it is the modulator that is giving me a bit of a problem.

BR H