Old March 10th 07, 01:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Hams versus CBers and whatnot

Well I take the original poster`s point, but it`s a case of "use it or
lose it" and the more people that use the bands, the less likely it is
that they`ll be taken away. So even if they are worked by ******s, at
least the ******s are serving some purpose. Plus there is nothing to
stop code lovers (of which I am one) from continuing to dit-dah away
indefinitely. No one`s proposing to make CW illegal. Let`s try to be a
little less elitist, gentlemen!

Old March 12th 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

wrote in message
oups.com...
Well I take the original poster`s point, but it`s a case of "use it or
lose it" and the more people that use the bands, the less likely it is
that they`ll be taken away. So even if they are worked by ******s, at
least the ******s are serving some purpose. Plus there is nothing to
stop code lovers (of which I am one) from continuing to dit-dah away
indefinitely. No one`s proposing to make CW illegal. Let`s try to be a
little less elitist, gentlemen!

Could not have said it better and your comments mirror my sentiments as
well. Thank You

If we are to have fun and let this hobby flourish, we all need to work
together to make it a model of humanity and acceptance. Just because one
has passed code reception tests at some level does not make him/her the
exemplarily model of the perfect ham. Look at all the child like behavior
resulting in massive FCC fines of the past five years! These were all
'coded' hams. Some with 20WPM test behind them. Remember, we (the US) are
one of the last to continue to have had a code requirement. Has the
'hamming' rest of the world gone to heck in a handbasket? No.

If you find it difficult to deal with the no coders, then it may be time for
you to move on to another hobby. I welcome the 'new blood' as this will
ensure our bands remain ours and might even cause equipment prices to come
down - it's all in the law of supply and demand.

Jim Philopena, KB1NXE
Formerly: WN1VJW, DA2PJ, KA1VGP and for a time the IMD (no, not intermod -
but some might say so;~) at AGA1WP

Old March 27th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

James Philopena wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

A friend of mine wanted to get a ham ticket for years, but the thought
of having to learn the code stopped him. When the codeless technician
license came out he jumped on it. Once on the air, guess what happened?
Maybe it was the repeaters id'ing in morse, but he finally decided to
learn the code and got his tech plus! Wonder if there is a moral lesson
here?

Old March 27th 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

ken scharf wrote:

SNIP
Wonder if there is a moral lesson
here?

I can think of a couple: 'Don't let the old farts put you off' and
'Things are only as bad as you want them to be.'

Good on your friend

Charlie.

--
www.wymsey.co.uk

IC-735 versus IC-726 Dan Dx 6 May 25th 04 02:18 PM
IC-735 versus IC-726 Dan Dx 0 May 24th 04 11:32 PM
ic-735 versus ic-726 Dan General 0 May 24th 04 12:08 AM
Illegal CBers forging hams Robert The Bruce Policy 4 January 6th 04 05:13 PM
Illegal CBers forging hams Robert The Bruce CB 8 January 6th 04 05:13 PM