Old April 2nd 07, 01:10 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Jackrabbits Problem

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 10:04:07 -0400, "Uncle Peter"
wrote:

"Paul Burridge" wrote in message
roups.com...
Hi everyone,

Paul

What you need is a Border Collie. Besides being a loyal
and beautiful pet, they can be trained (natural instincts)
to herd and escort the bunnies off your property, making
them your neighbors problems. Otherwise, get a Lab,
they will eat the bunnies and again the problem will
be solved.

Or a couple of big cats.
Actually, he's probably fighting a losing battle.

Hope this helps.

Pete k1zjh

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old April 3rd 07, 05:26 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Ever think of investing in an ultrasonic emitter? I hear they keep all
kinds of pests (ie. rabbits, squirrels, cats, dogs, small children
etc.) away.

Ralph

Old April 3rd 07, 06:28 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Apr 1, 2:42 am, "Paul Burridge"
wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've been getting a lot of stress from my girlfriend. The problem is
jackrabbits. There are a lot of them where we live and at this time of
year
they box each other quite viciously. My girlfriend gets terribly upset
about this and I get nagged as a result. I've tried
to explain to her that it's just nature and they're only establishing
territory for breeding and whatnot and to just let them get on with
it.
However, she won't see reason and insists I do something to break the
fights up. So I
need your help. I've decided the best solution is to build a 'bunny
zapper' type stun-gun. Now it's self-evidently important
NOT TO KILL THE RABBITS, but they must get a shock sufficient to get
the message
across that violence is unacceptable. IMV it should therefore carry
JUST enough
whack to blow their ears clean off. So how much
voltage will this application require? I assume we're talking
kilovolts, but how many?
Does the rabbits' fur resistance affect the calculations?
I have tried researching this on the internet, but it appears no one
has yet
carried out any clinical trials into the problem. So I need you guys
to give me
a ballpark figure. Better yet, if anyone knows of a commercial outfit
that
manufactures stun-guns for use
against jackrabbits can they please post a URL? Finally, is there an
ecologically sound way of disposing of/recycling all the blown-off
ears?
Thanks.

A note to the sceptics:
There is a sound scientific rationale behind my intended approach:
I'm aware that female jackrabbits select their mates primarily by
the length and lustre of the male's ears, so any male with just
a couple of smoking, charred stumps sticking out of his head is
unlikely to
be successful in attracting a mate. In this way, hopefully the
genepool of
the most aggressive rabbits will diminish over time.
Lastly, if we can get the concept accepted into the mainstream as a
legitimate
hobby or sport then maybe we call ALL make a few bucks out of it.
Let's all try to work
together on this one, guys.

pb.

Why not call Wallace over at Anti Pesto?

They seem to do a good job.

-a

Old April 4th 07, 04:41 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In article ,
says...
Low powered pellet gun....

I was thinking a subscription to Animal Planet, so she can get up to
speed with reality.

Old April 5th 07, 08:07 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Tom Donaly" wrote in message Tell her Nature is
just testing the males to determine which would
make the best fathers for new rabbit bambinos, much like young women
comparing their suitors' bank balances, assets, and educations when
choosing the right men to parasitize.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH

POTD. Tom wins the prize!

Pete k1zjh

Old April 5th 07, 11:15 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 2007-04-01, Paul Burridge wrote:
I've decided the best solution is to build a 'bunny
zapper' type stun-gun. Now it's self-evidently important
NOT TO KILL THE RABBITS, but they must get a shock sufficient to get
the message across that violence is unacceptable.

IMV it should therefore carry JUST enough whack to blow their ears
clean off.

one of the best april-first posts...

Bye.
Jasen

Haynie admits to problem, alzheimers victims respond with, "What problem?" John Smith Policy 111 June 23rd 05 01:55 AM
A problem PhalanxX General 5 November 11th 04 05:10 AM
Pro-96 problem Jon M. Hanson Scanner 1 May 23rd 04 08:45 PM
IC-746 PRO tx problem steve 73 Equipment 0 October 13th 03 08:56 PM
Help with SB-200 Problem tim english Swap 1 July 4th 03 11:55 PM