Old July 3rd 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Mixing high side versus low side and (f1 - f2) versus (f1 + f2)

I've heard that high side mixing is preferred to low side
mixing because the LO harmonics will be higher and less
likely to cause problems.

It also seems to me that (f1 + f2) is typically discarded
and what's used is just the (f1 - f2).

Any truth to either of these impressions? If so, what's
the rational?

Depending on the availability of off the shelf VCO parts
one might what to use (f1 + f2) or low side mixing and I
was just curious what (if any) additional problems I should
look out for.

-- John

Old July 8th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 2007-07-03, Tim Wescott wrote:

For _any_ IF/LO combination you should make a table of the possible
mixing products of the first few harmonics of your RF range with
_several_ harmonics of your LO range (most modern mixers generate _lots_

The guy who wrote rfsim99 also wrote "spur search" which will make this
table for you (same download, assuming you can find it!).

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/
Old July 8th 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Kepco power supply

Can anyone help on a manual or schematic for a Kepco SM36-15M
supply? Kepco wants $ 100 for a manual... ouch! Google doesn't want
to be helpful in this search.

73, Mike W5CHR
Memphis

Old July 18th 07, 02:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 17:58:08 -0500, "Mike Lucas"
wrote:

Can anyone help on a manual or schematic for a Kepco SM36-15M
supply? Kepco wants $ 100 for a manual... ouch! Google doesn't want
to be helpful in this search.

73, Mike W5CHR
Memphis

Don't know if it'll help, but here are 2 Kepco power supply schematics
we have he

http://www.talonix.com/images/kepco1.pdf

http://www.talonix.com/images/kepco2.pdf

Brian

Old July 18th 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

wrote:

Can anyone help on a manual or schematic for a Kepco SM36-15M
supply? Kepco wants $ 100 for a manual... ouch! Google doesn't want
to be helpful in this search.

73, Mike W5CHR
Memphis

Don't know if it'll help, but here are 2 Kepco power supply schematics
we have he

http://www.talonix.com/images/kepco1.pdf

http://www.talonix.com/images/kepco2.pdf

Brian

Brian-Thanks for the links... the first one was close enough to what I
have to answer my questions. This thing followed me home from a hamfest,
maybe for use as a HV supply for an FET amp. Again, thanks for the post.

73,Mike W5CHR
Memphis

Info on high side modulation. Robert Wilson Broadcasting 0 November 7th 06 07:29 PM
AOR 7030 reviewed side by side with Drake R8A/B John Plimmer Shortwave 0 March 15th 05 04:46 AM
Drake R8B side by side with an Icom 756 PRO III John Plimmer Shortwave 29 January 6th 05 06:10 PM
Side by Side dipoles N4IXT Antenna 6 August 16th 04 07:35 PM
Actual side by side comparison Al Arduengo Shortwave 6 March 29th 04 05:05 PM