Old September 18th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Telstar Electronics VoiceMax IS GARBAGE!

IDIOT!

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old September 18th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Radioisfun" wrote in message
IDIOT!

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in message
ups.com...

We know, it has been ripped apart on this newsgroup a few times. It's not a
good product. If fitted without using the correct alignment procedures and
test equipment it will ruin performance and cause splattering over the bands
and generate harmonics. Not many people who have the "really loud = really
far" mentality will know how to use test equipment, they tend to be the ones
with a lack of knowledge. Maybe the type who believe polishing the aerial
will lower the VSWR!
The circuit has no RF filtering for a start, it is not screened in any way,
it has a light that you will never see once the radio is put back together
and it will have no benefit over the microphone that was designed to operate
with the radio. It will cause distortion and harmonics unless the radio is
realigned using test gear. If you use that on AM/SSB you will sound
terrible, it is a waste of time. There is no way that the circuit
differentiates between a voice and background noises, so raising the level
many times and keeping it at 100% will mean that the sound will just be a
"noise". Compare that to a normal mic, audio nearer to it such as the
operator voice will be louder than what is in the background.
The product is out of date, has no market and probably would have been
better 20+ years ago.

I certainly wouldn't recommend it, from a radio engineers point of view.

Old September 19th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default What happened to the SkyWave 2879ABTC?

On Sep 18, 5:30 pm, "AUUDDIIOOO" wrote:
Just wondered on what happened to the Power amp He had.

The SkyWave 2879ABTC was discontinued because of a poor profit margin.
We hated to do it... but with the temperature compensating biasing...
and all the premium components and chassis... it was just too costly
to manufacture. Unlike other companies, we will discontinue a product
before we will cost reduce it to a point that sacrafices quality and
reliability. Sometimes I just go back and look at the photos... just
for old times sake... http://www.telstar-electronics.com/d...9ABTCPhoto.htm
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old September 19th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:40:24 +0100, "john lyon"
wrote:

[...]

I was composing a point-by-point response to this when I had a power
failure and lost it. I'm not about to redo it, but let me summarize.

I am no fan of Telstar and his spam marketing on these groups and many
of his claims are BS.

That said, you seem to know little more about the subject than does
he.

BTW, to see the performance of this thing without the hype:

http://www.analog.com/en/prod/0,2877,SSM2167,00.html

Old September 19th 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sep 19, 9:05 am, Wes Stewart wrote:
I am no fan of Telstar and his spam marketing on these groups and many
of his claims are BS.
That said, you seem to know little more about the subject than does
he.
BTW, to see the performance of this thing without the hype:

Wes, I'm curious... what is this "hype" you are talking about? I would
like to address that directly.
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old September 19th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

IDIOT!

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old September 19th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default What happened to the Telstar Electronics SkyWave 2879ABTC CB Amplifier? IT WAS GARBAGE TOO!

Old September 19th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

I conclude that the VOICEMAX issue has died, has had the funeral and now should
be buried.

Those who advocate high distortion levels and poor quality signals can spend
their $$$ and buy it.

Those who prefer low distortion and clean sounding signals won't.

Let the trip to the cemetery begin.

/s/ Deek

AUUDDIIOOO wrote:

"john lyon" wrote in message

"Radioisfun" wrote in message

IDIOT!

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in message
groups.com...

[...]

Just like so called Engineers, your a dumb ass John.
Your are an Engineer? What a Trash truck radio Engineer?

There is a noise gate built in. Read his Good web site.
Just wondered on what happened to the Power amp He had.

Old September 19th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default VoiceMax Transceiver Speech Processor

On Sep 19, 12:42 pm, Deek wrote:
I conclude that the VOICEMAX issue has died, has had the funeral and now should
be buried.
Those who advocate high distortion levels and poor quality signals can spend
their $$$ and buy it.
Those who prefer low distortion and clean sounding signals won't.
Let the trip to the cemetery begin.

Thanks for your conclusion. Maybe you should contact the engineers at
Analog Devices and explain to them that their SSM2166 chip is just
plain no good. I'm sure they'd be happy to hear from you... lol
www.telstar-electonics.com

Old September 19th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Telstar Electronics wrote:

On Sep 19, 12:42 pm, Deek wrote:

I conclude that the VOICEMAX issue has died, has had the funeral and now should
be buried.
Those who advocate high distortion levels and poor quality signals can spend
their $$$ and buy it.
Those who prefer low distortion and clean sounding signals won't.
Let the trip to the cemetery begin.

Thanks for your conclusion. Maybe you should contact the engineers at
Analog Devices and explain to them that their SSM2166 chip is just
plain no good. I'm sure they'd be happy to hear from you... lol
www.telstar-electonics.com

I'm sure they will acknowledge that it introduces controlled distortion.