Old December 23rd 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Receiver design book - suggestions?

What suggestions would you have for a good book on the design of
communications receivers? I have a copy of Rohde and Whittaker,
"Communications Receivers" and am working my way through it. It seems very
comprehensive and this level of detail is what I'm looking for, but some of
their explanations are a little hard to follow.

I would appreciate knowing what, if any, books others have found useful.

Thanks,

-vs-

Old December 23rd 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Virgil Smith" wrote in message
. ..
What suggestions would you have for a good book on the design of
communications receivers? I have a copy of Rohde and Whittaker,
"Communications Receivers" and am working my way through it. It seems very
comprehensive and this level of detail is what I'm looking for, but some

of
their explanations are a little hard to follow.

I would appreciate knowing what, if any, books others have found useful.

Rohde and Bucher "Comms receiver principles and design".
Rohde "RF/Microwave design for wireless apps'"
You can't escape the man!.

Old December 24th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

The books by Wes Hayward and his buddys, will give you stuff that
actually works..
Try:
Experimental Methods in RF Design
-- by Wes Hayward, W7ZOI, Rick Campbell, KK7B, and Bob Larkin, W7PUA

And several others in the ARRL catalog...

denny / k8do
Old December 25th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Denny" wrote in message
The books by Wes Hayward and his buddys, will give you stuff that
actually works..
Try:
Experimental Methods in RF Design
-- by Wes Hayward, W7ZOI, Rick Campbell, KK7B, and Bob Larkin, W7PUA

And several others in the ARRL catalog...

denny / k8do

I have "Experimental Methods ..." and I agree it's an excellent one. If you
have the book you
might want to check out Wes Hayward's web site

http://w7zoi.net/em0.html

for a list of errata (it's a long one) for the book. I guess that the proof
reading was a little skimpy!
An updated new edition seems to be called for.

This is not to take away anything from Hayward and the other authors. My hat
is off to them and
people like them who have contributed so much to ham radio over the years.

-vs-

FA: SECRETS OF RF CIRCUIT DESIGN - A TAB Book - Hams - Amateur Radio - Etc. Dale M. Antenna 1 June 6th 05 09:58 PM
FA: SECRETS OF RF CIRCUIT DESIGN - A TAB Book - Hams - Amateur Radio - Etc. Dale M. Equipment 1 June 6th 05 09:58 PM
Antenna Design Book Matt Antenna 1 September 13th 04 01:08 AM
looking for rf design book gobo Homebrew 10 February 21st 04 09:03 PM
looking for rf design book gobo Homebrew 0 February 21st 04 07:20 AM