Old December 30th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Yeasu Portable Battery Schematics

Does anyone have/know the wiring configuration of the connections on
Yaseu Portable battery packs?

Specifically I would like to connect an external power source to one
of my portables (FT-51r) and would like to look at a schematic before
making connections incorrectly and cooking my radio.

I also have the following Yaesu portable models FT-411, FT-530, and
suspect the batteries have similar wiring configurations.

I have checked the Internet, Yaesu, and after market battery outfits
with little usable response.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

I am also looking for the following accessories to allow connecting
external power to my Yaesu Ft 51r Ham radio.

EDC-12 Allows connecting to a cigarette plug in a car or power supply.

FBA-14 Allows operating the radio on four AA batteries.

I would also like to buy a dead battery for the same radio to tear
apart and build my own adapter.

Depending on what you have I might also be interested in other
accessories for my radio.

Thank you.