Old April 21st 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default UAA2001 PLL SYNTHESIZER

Hi OMs/OPs and NG readers,

I'm looking for a pinout and/or data sheet of a old Motorola ic named

UAA2001

should be a pll synthesizer for TV tuners.

Anyone who can help my on this?

Many thanks in advance.

Markus
DL8MBY

PS.: I had already searched for days without success in the web.

Old April 22nd 08, 05:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, markus wolfgart wrote:

Hi OMs/OPs and NG readers,

I'm looking for a pinout and/or data sheet of a old Motorola ic named

UAA2001

should be a pll synthesizer for TV tuners.

I checked the two Motorola databooks I have, one from about 1978 and
the other from 1990, and the IC doesn't show up there.

I looked because I had thought some odd-numbered devices for tv
showed up, but nothing. I checked my 30 year old National
databook too, but nothing there either.

Michael VE2BVW
Old April 22nd 08, 06:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
msg msg is offline

Michael Black wrote:

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, markus wolfgart wrote:

Hi OMs/OPs and NG readers,

I'm looking for a pinout and/or data sheet of a old Motorola ic named

UAA2001

snip

Try: http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf/3511822.pdf

Michael
Old April 22nd 08, 06:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
msg msg is offline

msg wrote:

Michael Black wrote:

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, markus wolfgart wrote:

Hi OMs/OPs and NG readers,

I'm looking for a pinout and/or data sheet of a old Motorola ic named

UAA2001

snip

Try: http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf/3511822.pdf

Sorry, this turned out to be only a bit of an old Euro Master
Selection Guide. However, there are more clues to be found
in the datasheet for the UAA2022 (which wasn't easy to find
online either):

http://www.uploadarchief.net/files/download/uaa2022.pdf

(UAA2000/2001 is mentioned in the description)

Michael
Old April 22nd 08, 02:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Tahnks Michael for your efford, but that was the only doc
I could find bofor on this ic while looking in the web.
Unfortunatelly without to much information in it about the
mentioned chip.

vy 73

Markus
DL8MVY

Old April 22nd 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
msg msg is offline

markus wolfgart wrote:

Tahnks Michael for your efford,

snip

I imagine that you have considered it, but it is still worth
mentioning: The device seems to have been popular in about
1986; peruse Sams Photofact TV folders from that period for
TVs that have a 7-segment channel display and see if they
use the UAA2001/UAA2022 combination -- the schematic should
provide connection and pinout information and some clues
on using the device.

Michael
Old April 22nd 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry for causing additional effort in searching
for the pin out, but I had found some of these ic's
on a jumble sale and would like to play around with
pll syntheses on a rainy weekend if the ic is suitable
for this purpose.

Many thanks in advance for your kind help.

vy73

Markus
DL8MBY

Old April 22nd 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In message , markus wolfgart
writes
Hi OMs/OPs and NG readers,

I'm looking for a pinout and/or data sheet of a old Motorola ic named

UAA2001

Is that really a Moto device? Sounds more like a TFK (telefunken) or
Philips device to me. Of course I could be wrong..

--
Clint Sharp
Old April 22nd 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
msg msg is offline

Clint Sharp wrote:

snip
I'm looking for a pinout and/or data sheet of a old Motorola ic named

UAA2001

Is that really a Moto device? Sounds more like a TFK (telefunken) or
Philips device to me. Of course I could be wrong..

Check the first URL that I posted in reply to the O.P.; you will see
that this device is included in a 1986 Motorola Euro Master Selection
Guide.

Michael
Old April 23rd 08, 07:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In message LJCdnZ4C7tnn_pPVnZ2dnUVZ_s_inZ2d@cpinternet, msg
writes
Check the first URL that I posted in reply to the O.P.; you will see
that this device is included in a 1986 Motorola Euro Master Selection
Guide.

Michael

You're right.. Hmm, Very old device though, and I'm trying to think
where I've seen them, could be in old Grundig or Philips television
tuners, might be worth searching around for some old television
schematics for the OP.
--
Clint Sharp