Old August 7th 08, 10:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default GU-81M linear

Has anyone used a GU-81M in a homebrew linear? I like the idea of
building a quiet linear and this tube looks like it should do the job.

I've found very little info via google apart from a few wildly different
specifications.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GU-81M-GU81M-G...3286.m63.l1177

Steve H
Old August 10th 08, 11:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
MAc MAc is offline

May be google translator will help you.
This PA can work also with one tube.

http://www.cqham.ru/HiFi_Contester_EX8A.htm

This is "hard to kill" tube ;-) - very good to use in club station
(idiot proof).

search other articles by EX8A.

MAc
sp9mrn
Old August 10th 08, 12:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

MAc wrote:
May be google translator will help you.
This PA can work also with one tube.

http://www.cqham.ru/HiFi_Contester_EX8A.htm

This is "hard to kill" tube ;-) - very good to use in club station
(idiot proof).

search other articles by EX8A.

MAc
sp9mrn

Many thanks, that gives me enough info to get me started. I plan on
using it for RTTY contests, I have an amp using the 4cx800 but the
blower gets to me after a few hours. With the price of 3-500Z in my
main amp getting silly this looks like the ideal cheap tube to use with
the PSU from the 4cx800 (2800V), just bought two of them on ebay for $60
the pair + one socket. I probably wont need the spare as he's had 12
years of contesting out of a pair.

Steve H

HF Linear Paul M0EME Homebrew 7 January 23rd 06 12:46 AM
FA...... CB Linear Fred Garvin Shortwave 4 November 21st 05 12:52 AM
What Amp. linear for 6mt ? Alex212 Equipment 0 June 9th 05 10:05 AM
CB Linear Won't Fit Into My Ass moparholic CB 10 December 11th 04 03:02 PM
FS: linear John Medica - Listening-post CB 0 September 24th 03 07:19 PM