Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 21st 09, 12:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Icom R1500 USB driver, intermittent, audio dead

Hello Folks,

Has anyone ever had this happen and maybe knows what could be wrong?

The Icom R1500 behaves like a PCR1500 when controlled via the PC. Or so
says Icom. When I try to control it through the virtual COM3 port via
USB it seems to have lots of data traffic jams. If I turn the "virtual"
dial too fast the R1500 seems to lag. Sometimes it doesn't react at all
and seconds later starts slowly tuning through all the frequencies I had
chosen. This can go on for half a minute until it has trundled out.

Audio is supposed to go via the same USB cable but not as a serial COM
port. Well, that part doesn't work at all, no audio.

--
73, Joerg

Intermittent raspy signals on ICOM 735 ? Larry Gagnon Equipment 4 January 29th 08 06:57 PM
Intermittent raspy signals on ICOM 735 ? Larry Gagnon Homebrew 2 January 29th 08 06:55 AM
Audio driver transformers [email protected] Boatanchors 5 March 6th 06 08:00 PM
New scanner Icom IC-R1500 bla Scanner 0 November 17th 05 08:50 PM
FA: UTC CG-51AX Tube Audio Driver Xfrmr tw Swap 0 December 7th 04 07:00 AM