Old June 22nd 09, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default IC's to finish some projects.

Before I come down with CRS syndrome, I'd like to complete some
projects started in the early 70's. (!!!!!) Looking for National LM300
series IC's,
ie LM371, LM372, LM373, LM375. If you have any of these critters in can or
dip package, and they need a new home, email me with details please.
Cheap is great, free is even better.

Mike W5CHR
Memphis, Tenn

Old June 22nd 09, 11:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Mike Lucas" wrote in message
.. .
Before I come down with CRS syndrome, I'd like to complete some
projects started in the early 70's. (!!!!!) Looking for National LM300
series IC's,
ie LM371, LM372, LM373, LM375. If you have any of these critters in can or
dip package, and they need a new home, email me with details please.
Cheap is great, free is even better.

Mike W5CHR
Memphis, Tenn

The only part that I could find anywhere was the LM373 at
http://www.unicornelectronics.com/IC/LINEAR.html. They have several other
LM3xx ICs on the list, but none of the parts you're looking for.
Your projects might be DIW if no one has them in their junquebox. What are
your projects? Might be a workaround for some of the unobtanium parts.

Cheeers

Dave M

Old June 23rd 09, 12:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Dave M" wrote in message
Your projects might be DIW if no one has them in their junquebox. What
are your projects? Might be a workaround for some of the unobtanium
parts.

Dave: Lots of projects, so little time and money! The LM373 is for a simple
SSB receiver for 3600-3800. HR in the early and mid 70's had a bunch
of projects using this chip, and I have everything needed to build a
nostalgia
receiver. I have read lots of bad stuff about the chip, how the audio is
distorted,
poor agc, etc, but I want to hear it for myself

Tnx for your recommend of Unicorn Electronics. I bought 1 of the LM373,
several of the 3911 Temp controller chips and some other obsolete IC's
at reasonable prices, just last month from them. Mike's Hobby, Warrenvill,
Il.
had a few LM series chips, and I cleaned them out last week.

All of the 300 series chips are available in big lots through the Evil
Chip-Mongers,
but onezies are difficult to locate.

Thanks for the post, Dave, I'll let the group know how the project turns out

Mike W5CHR
Memphis.

Old June 23rd 09, 03:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 18:28:33 -0500, Mike Lucas wrote:
"Dave M" wrote in message
[...]

Always keep in mind:

http://www.danssmallpartsandkits.net/

Jonesy

going to finish Cye Shortwave 0 February 28th 07 03:22 AM
Morkie Couldn't Finish A Post Without Profanity [email protected] Policy 2 December 13th 06 01:48 PM
Were IC's ever etensively employed in AM/FM RX homebrew projects? Richard Homebrew 20 January 3rd 04 03:31 AM
Were IC's ever etensively employed in AM/FM RX homebrew projects? Richard Homebrew 0 December 28th 03 02:01 PM