Old July 8th 09, 11:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Help need to identify some electronic parts.

Dear YL's/XYL's and OM's, ;-)

could you give me some hints concerning the listed parts listed under my
url http://www.dl8mby.de/eparts/unknownparts.html or better show me a
link where to find a data sheet of them.

Many thanks in advance.

Markus
DL8MBY

Old July 8th 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

All but the last appear to be oscillators modules. Part #3 is a 19.44 MHz.
All I can tell you beyond that is Google, Google, Google. I could tell you
more by the end of the day for $200.

Old July 9th 09, 08:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Dear JB,

I will give you some suitable answer concerning some of the mentioned
parts for free, due to the ham spirit ;-)

Part #1: Skyworks 2Gc PIN attenuator.
Part #2: ALPS VXCO (Freq. ?)
Part #3: Delta XCO 19.44Mc
Part #4: Corning VXCO 52Mc
Part #5: probably SAW filter from Temex
Part #6-8: are Filters

In general I know what these parts are, but would like to find some
data sheet when using them in later prrojects as i get not just one
but a big amount of them.

Markus
DL8MBY

Old July 9th 09, 06:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

JB schrieb:
All but the last appear to be oscillators modules. Part #3 is a 19.44

MHz.
All I can tell you beyond that is Google, Google, Google. I could tell

you
more by the end of the day for $200.

In the past when working on a synthesized data receiver module with a dead
Ref Osc, I spent several hours tracking down such data from various websites
in order to find a suitable replacement. Fortunately I had a customer to
pay for the time spent because going off the clock would have meant a loss
of earnings (and reduced tax contribution). Unfortunately, the company I
was contracted with retained the information (or not) and I was unable to
because of contract agreements.

The unit was mission critical in the automation of transportation and
handling of Mega-Tons of grain for import and export of food staples on a
massive scale and time was of the essence or the unit probably would have
been scrapped.

I have long noted the value of Ham Radio for dealing with many natural and
man made disasters, but the impact of economic disasters seems to have been
completely ignored and underestimated. Capitalism has forged a monetary
system as a common means of exchange between parties with different skill
sets and even of different and widely separated areas and locations.
Without a common and mutually beneficial monetary system, we would not have
gotten beyond the most basic of trade, instead relying on the
hunter-gatherer model even for our water. Those who were able to grow food
from their location could not trade very far away because of spoilage, and
because it would take them away from tending the farm. Communism must
resort to extreme intimidation in order to co-exist with GREED - a common
human frailty throughout the World. Indeed, greed is so universal, that it
inevitably becomes one of the ultimate motivations in any power struggle.
Indeed the naive concept of Communism is impossible because it isn't
sustainable, instead morphing into a form of authoritarian exploitation of
the productive members of society as a robber class sharpens its skills at
deriving support from the productive class, inevitably resulting in slavery
of the productive.

An agreed upon world-wide and secure system of exchange is vital to any
system of sharing goods, resources, expertise and knowledge. The
collective threats against such a system tends to limit our ability to
sustain a widespread and far-flung high standard of living. Although it
doesn't guarantee that greed won't have a negative impact, we need to
realize that greed isn't something that any system has been able rule out.

So Sir, in the spirit of Ham Radio, do it yourself and enjoy the thrill of
your own accomplishment and self-reliance.

Jim

Old July 9th 09, 09:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

JB schrieb:
[...]

My reply to the above would be just :
1)Amen
2) Long live the 'real' spirit of Ham Radio

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Old July 10th 09, 09:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

JB schrieb:
[...]

Hey OM:

Nothing like agreeing with somebody that wants $200, then gives us a
lecture on the fine points of the worlds greatest style of gubermint:
communism.
I like trolls they live under the bridge just like me. And trolls
abound everywhere because there's lots of people that like them.
Long live the Queen and her trolls.

Looks like markus gots a load of parts from a cordless phone
manufacturer. Likely they are cordless phones that were made in a
former communist country.

73 OM
de n8zu
Old July 10th 09, 12:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Hi Raypsi, ;-)

you are quite right, I got a black box of parts for cheap.
I had separate all the Analag Device beauties from the rest
and looking for data of the remain.

Thanks a lot for halp conversation and entertainment ;-)

Bye
Markus

DL8MBY

Old July 12th 09, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

JB schrieb:
[...]

Unfortunately, outside of a small group of experimenters these parts are
pretty much worthless. It is difficult enough to market finished products
that consumers will shell out for. Very few will decide to conceive of,
design and build a useful finished product based on a randomly acquired
handful of parts. I actually stopped charging for repair parts so that I
won't have to spend so much time and grievous effort into accounting and
reporting for a resale license. I simply bid for Labor.

My advice would be to cut and paste specifications and part description and
application summary into a text file and put them up on a website and submit
them to a search engine for anyone that might be interested. I have noticed
that some forums are regularly googled.

We could probably dispense with using the word "communist" because it is
just a word. Lets just realize that greed for free stuff can lure us into
slavery, because there are people who would make promises to lure the
gullible into slavery.

With all the talk these days of "stimulus", it is my bet that most of the
money went to buying votes and pet projects that will have no positive
effect on economic recovery. It reminds me of Pharaoh contracting obelisks
and monuments so that peoples attention will be diverted from building their
own businesses, while Pharaoh consolidates his power through building the
empire. The slaves will work and be happy for a time, and when the projects
reach their fruitless conclusion they will have to look for work again. In
my book this is exploitation. Didn't we learn anything from the "New Deal"?