Old September 5th 09, 08:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Homebrew HD?

Hi gang,
Anyone know of an sites of folks doing homebrew HD radio demods? There
are several sites out there for doing shortwave DRM (Digital Radio Mondale),
but I'm wondering if any efforts have been made to build similar
hardware/software for the HD radio broadcasting that takes place on the U.S
AM broadcast band.

Bob WB0POQ

Old September 6th 09, 02:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Bob wrote:
Hi gang,
Anyone know of an sites of folks doing homebrew HD radio demods? There
are several sites out there for doing shortwave DRM (Digital Radio Mondale),
but I'm wondering if any efforts have been made to build similar
hardware/software for the HD radio broadcasting that takes place on the U.S
AM broadcast band.

Haven't heard of any.

Unlike DRM, HD Radio is a proprietary protocol, I don't *think* they release enough details to implement it unless you're a chipmaker who's paid the
royalties.

(I suppose one could reverse-engineer it -- to my knowledge there is no encryption involved)

--

Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN EM66
Old September 6th 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Hey OM:

I would suspect that the FCC knows everything there is to know about
AM broadcast band HD. They sure did go thru extensive testing to get
HD on that band.
Towit: the FCC has to know what is going on and how they is doing the
goings ons.

73 OM

de n8zu

Old September 7th 09, 03:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Bob wrote:
Hi gang,
Anyone know of an sites of folks doing homebrew HD radio demods? There
are several sites out there for doing shortwave DRM (Digital Radio Mondale),
but I'm wondering if any efforts have been made to build similar
hardware/software for the HD radio broadcasting that takes place on the U.S
AM broadcast band.

Bob WB0POQ

BTW ya all know that the HD in HD radio does NOT stand for 'high def'.
(It means "hybrid digital").
Old September 10th 09, 09:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sep 7, 12:46*am, Kenneth Scharf wrote:
: Bob wrote

BTW ya all know that the HD in HD radio does NOT stand for 'high def'.
(It means "hybrid digital").

Gee thanks; was too embarrassed to ask!!!! :-)

Old September 11th 09, 04:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"stan" wrote in message
On Sep 7, 12:46 am, Kenneth Scharf wrote:
: Bob wrote

BTW ya all know that the HD in HD radio does NOT stand for 'high def'.
(It means "hybrid digital").

Gee thanks; was too embarrassed to ask!!!! :-)

Please don't be. I have asked questions like that too.

Paul P.

FA HBR-13C Homebrew RX Brian Hill Boatanchors 3 June 10th 06 04:21 AM
Homebrew Web Site, New Homebrew PODCAST [email protected] Boatanchors 1 August 28th 05 01:12 PM
Homebrew Web Site, New Homebrew PODCAST [email protected] Homebrew 1 August 28th 05 01:12 PM
Homebrew RX Bill N2CQR MOHBR Homebrew 1 March 24th 05 01:31 PM
QRP Homebrew Brian Homebrew 0 April 15th 04 12:25 AM