Old November 12th 09, 02:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Toronto Brewers want Peated Malt?

Hi folks.

Any Toronto all-grain brewers want peated malt? I'm not brewing these
days, but I can whip up some peated malt for those that could use some
in a test brew. I used some at my professional brewery some time
back, but since it was shipped from the UK and moved around somewhat,
it didn't impart too much flavour.

In any case, let me know if you are interested.

Cheers
Old November 12th 09, 04:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 06:52:37 -0800, BeeRich wrote:

Hi folks.

Any Toronto all-grain brewers want peated malt? I'm not brewing these
days, but I can whip up some peated malt for those that could use some
in a test brew. I used some at my professional brewery some time back,
but since it was shipped from the UK and moved around somewhat, it
didn't impart too much flavour.

In any case, let me know if you are interested.

In amateur radio parlance, "homebrew" means "to make one's own
equipment". It's a metaphor that _refers_ to the act of brewing one's
own beer -- it doesn't literally mean amateur radio operators who also
brew beer.

(Although I'll bet that radio amateurs who build their own equipment are
also more likely to brew their own beer).

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Old November 13th 09, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Nov 12, 11:07*am, Tim Wescott wrote:
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 06:52:37 -0800, BeeRich wrote:
Hi folks.

In amateur radio parlance, "homebrew" means "to make one's own
equipment". *It's a metaphor that _refers_ to the act of brewing one's
own beer -- it doesn't literally mean amateur radio operators who also
brew beer.

(Although I'll bet that radio amateurs who build their own equipment are
also more likely to brew their own beer).

--www.wescottdesign.com

Sorry I thought I took this message out. I built my own ham equipment
back in the day. In fact I'm selling some 6M equipment if anybody is
interested. But ya, I thought I deleted this email. Wasn't paying
attention to the group name. Sorry about that.
Old December 10th 09, 11:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Tim Wescott wrote:
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 06:52:37 -0800, BeeRich wrote:

Hi folks.

Any Toronto all-grain brewers want peated malt? I'm not brewing these
days, but I can whip up some peated malt for those that could use some
in a test brew. I used some at my professional brewery some time back,
but since it was shipped from the UK and moved around somewhat, it
didn't impart too much flavour.

In any case, let me know if you are interested.

In amateur radio parlance, "homebrew" means "to make one's own
equipment". It's a metaphor that _refers_ to the act of brewing one's
own beer -- it doesn't literally mean amateur radio operators who also
brew beer.

(Although I'll bet that radio amateurs who build their own equipment are
also more likely to brew their own beer).

Hell the tank coils used in the old 200 meter spark days could have done
double duty in a still!
Old December 16th 09, 05:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Dec 10, 8:11*pm, Kenneth Scharf wrote:
Tim Wescott wrote:
[...]

* double duty in a still!- Hide quoted text -

Maybe they 'still' could?

MIDLAND 70-154 TECH - NORM TO TORONTO -HELP- Dave Schertzer Swap 1 April 15th 09 02:33 PM
AM740 Toronto Now Online David Eduardo Shortwave 1 November 22nd 06 03:36 PM
Toronto Air Show (CIAS) - Frequencies [email protected] Scanner 0 September 5th 05 02:27 PM
Toronto Subways Mike T. Scanner 4 May 26th 04 01:11 AM
Radioworld Toronto? Dave Holford Scanner 5 April 8th 04 05:13 PM