Old July 9th 10, 12:09 AM
Junior Member

Default Charles M0DED (ex Z21GQ ex ZS6BYB) saying "Hello"

Greetings everyone!

I have been living in UK the last 8 years, since having to leave my home country Zimbabwe (the Z21GQ c/s). My primary job most of my life was the design and construction of power electronics - things like 25kA rectifiers and railway traction systems, though I started out as an RF engineer with the Rhodesian PTC in 1963 and served in the Signals Workshop during the Rhodesian war (part-time). Now I teach people all over thr world how to maintain and repair linear accelerators from 2 to 15MeV.

I am very interested in homebrew (back home I had a factory making DIY solar lighting kits and getting pcb's done was no problem) but here in the UK I am lost for RF components, pcb makers and so on.

What I am particulary interested right now is whether anyone has a good circuit for an AD9910 DDS that I can control from my laptop? Of course, where to get a pcb would be a wonderful advantage. I've designed hundreds of boards in the past, but not since comning to the UK. Initially I want to use the DDS to check out HF front end filer characteristics for 14, 18, 10MHz

I have 2 Telefunkeb E1500 RX's as well as an ICOM IC-745. Longer term I would like to install H-Mode mixers in both, and narrow band filters in the E1500 (ham bands)

Any emails and ideas would be greatly appreciated

Charles
M0DED
Old July 11th 10, 11:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Charles,

I emailed a reply to you, but it bounced. So here is what I said:

I can't answer your questions, but I think it would be a good idea for
you to join the RSGB Technical reflector and ask the

You don't have to be an RSGB member to join the reflector, and I know
that the people there are very helpful.

Good luck.

--
73
Ian, G3NRW
Old July 14th 10, 01:14 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Wade G3NRW View Post
Charles,

I emailed a reply to you, but it bounced. So here is what I said:

I can't answer your questions, but I think it would be a good idea for
you to join the RSGB Technical reflector and ask the

You don't have to be an RSGB member to join the reflector, and I know
that the people there are very helpful.

Good luck.

--
73
Ian, G3NRW
Thanks Ian
I am a member of RSGB, so will try that site.
Thanks
Charlea
M0DED
Old July 13th 10, 11:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Hey OM

I don't like to push ebay but you have to go online at http://www.ebay.co.uk.

73 OM
de n8zu