Old October 10th 10, 10:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default SM0VPO - Harry's Homebrew Homepages

I had a bitof bad news from my ISP last Christmas. They were not happy with
SEK 140 per year. So they closed down my homepages and offered me the Telia
WebHotel at SEK 3600 per year.

I am hosting the homepages myself, but i have now got my own domain, so I
can move the pages anywhere I want.

The URL is now www.sm0vpo.com/

There is a standby on my other computer at www.sm0vpo.com:800/

So if you wonder where my homepages went, there is the answer. They have
been online all the time, but without Usernet access I could not tell
anyone.

BR Harry - SM0VPO

Old October 10th 10, 07:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Also, just upgraded my router (to one that doesn'r lock up). Have changed
the URL forwarding, but it takes a while B4 it percolates through the
system. The direct URLs a
http://81.227.203.235/
and
http://81.227.203.235:800/

73 de Harry

Old October 10th 10, 07:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 10/10/2010 11:17 AM, Hairy Lethal wrote:
Also, just upgraded my router (to one that doesn'r lock up). Have changed
the URL forwarding, but it takes a while B4 it percolates through the
system. The direct URLs a
http://81.227.203.235/
and
http://81.227.203.235:800/

Port 800 doesn't work for me ... tried 8000, just in case a mistake was
made, doesn't work either ... the other, on default 80 is kewl.

Regards,
JS
Old October 12th 10, 09:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

It works now.

I just upgraded the router to stop the occasional hangups.

There will be a short outage sometime next week when I put 200A/H batteries
and connect solar panels to the SPU.

/Harry

Old October 14th 10, 10:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Hairy Lethal wrote:
It works now.

I just upgraded the router to stop the occasional hangups.

There will be a short outage sometime next week when I put 200A/H batteries
and connect solar panels to the SPU.

/Harry

If you ever have such problems again with a host try 1and1. I use them
for my web site and AFAICT it was never down in all those years. Cost
went up a bit lately but not 20-fold. It costs me around $80/year, with
domain registration, email, FTP and all that.

Baesta Haelsningar,

Joerg

Old October 15th 10, 03:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

If you ever have such problems again with a host try 1and1....

I've used SDF (Super Dimension Fortress) in the USA for several years,
and there is also a European version http://sdf-eu.org/ . It has
several levels of membership depending on how much storage space you
want. I pay $36/year for a gigabyte. It's UNIX (Linux?) based.

FWIW, my website is http://mcalhoun.sdf.org .

--
-- Myron A. Calhoun.
Five boxes preserve our freedoms: soap, ballot, witness, jury, and cartridge
Old November 5th 10, 03:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Oct 10, 2:17*pm, "Hairy Lethal" wrote:
Also, just upgraded my router (to one that doesn'r lock up). Have changed
the URL forwarding, but it takes a while B4 it percolates through the
system. The direct URLs ahttp://81.227.203.235/
andhttp://81.227.203.235:800/

73 de Harry

I had a bitof bad news from my ISP last Christmas. They were not happy with
SEK 140 per year. So they closed down my homepages and offered me the Telia

Hey OT:

I looked up www.sm0vpo.com/ your ip addy, and it's 81.227.194.25, and
bam your web page pops up.

Although lookup was able to find your ip addy, my browser isn't able
to get to 81.227.203.235

73 OT
de n8zu

Old October 18th 10, 02:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

My Yahoo Geocities web pages were moved to Webring by some kind person
when Yahoo pulled the plug:

http://webspace.webring.com/h/ppl

73, Leon
G1HSM
Old November 3rd 10, 03:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Thank you Harry for your efforts on keeping your valuable info online!