Old April 17th 11, 04:57 AM
Junior Member

Default 460 mhz converter

Back in 1973 I attended a college class on radio tv repair, as an example of transistor projects he allowed up to pick and make a circuit. I picked a 460mhz converter to convert the local sheriff channel to be picked up on my AM? FM? radio. It worked well with very few parts, but I have lost all information on the circuit over the years and have no idea what book it came from. If I remember correctly it had one perhaps two transistors and very few parts and ran off of a 9 volt battery. you set it next to the radio to work, then tuned the radio.
any information on either the project book it came from or the circuit would be appeciated very much. I have looked for years for it to no avail.
possibly it was a red cover and soft bound.