Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 3rd 13, 03:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Making a 2m/70cm + 1.25m diplexer

"Rob" wrote in message
Channel Jumper wrote:

Maybe I am out of line here, but what you are asking is dumb.

Diplexers / Duplexers - what ever you want to call them are by nature
only about 50% efficient.
This means that you are throwing away half of your transmitted power and
half of your capiable receive in the diplexer.. DUMB!

It is not the diplexer that is dumb, it is your remark that is dumb.

Most of CJ's remarks are that way. I doubt he has ever measured or checked
on the splitters. I have and they are usually less than a half of a DB loss
in them. I am thinking more like a .3 or so of a db loss, but it has been a
while. Anyway from the best I could tell, it met the spec on the case of
the splitter. That was with a HP 8924C test set.

Something like a diplexer Joel Kolstad Homebrew 11 February 25th 05 07:53 AM
Diplexer [email protected] Homebrew 2 February 5th 05 08:20 PM
FS: Diamond MX-72N Diplexer Gary Simms Swap 0 August 18th 03 06:43 PM
FS: Diamond MX-72N Diplexer Gary Simms Swap 0 August 17th 03 04:12 PM
FS: Diamond MX-72N Diplexer Gary Simms Swap 0 August 14th 03 02:22 PM