Old February 20th 13, 12:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default PCB123 tutorial ne1?

On 2/19/2013 6:56 AM, Bob Vaughan wrote:
In ,
Tim wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 00:58:22 -0800, raypsi wrote:

A costumer would be not so bright to spend hundreds of USD
on a bunch of PCB's that don't come out right. PCB123's minimum cost is
$109 for 2pcs of 9 square inch board. You must be from a third world
backwater country if you think that is a high price.

That's a much higher price than BatchPCB, which charges $2.50/sqin + $10/
order.

$109/board is too much for my hobby budget, although I routinely pay that
much for professional stuff.

Yep.. $109 seems a bit steep, unless you need them really fast.

Oshpark charges $5/sqin for 3pcs, for sharp looking boards.
FR4 .063" 2-layers 1oz copper. purple boards, gold flashed.
About a 12-14 day turnaround. I think they are made in the US.
They also do 4 layer boards for $10/sqin.

Thre are several Chinese shops that will do 10pcs of 5x5cm boards
for ~$10, larger sizes for a bit more. About a month turnaround.
Seeed Studio, and a couple of others.

Lets see.. for a 9sqin board..

PCB123
$109/2 = $54.50 per board

BatchPCB
9sqin x $2.50 = $22.50 per board
+$10 order = $32.50 for first board
$55 for 2 boards.

Oshpark
9sqin x $5 = $45.
$45/3 = $15 per board

So PCB123 is ~2x the price of BatchPCB, and3x the price of Oshpark.

What was the turn around time at PCB123? Not everyone can wait a month
or more for prototype boards.

I had a muffed delivery from Sunstone once that almost sank a project.
Turn around is important for many projects.

--

Rick

Convolution Tutorial brent Homebrew 9 December 29th 09 06:00 PM
Fourier Transform Tutorial brent Antenna 0 September 7th 09 12:58 PM
Decibel tutorial [email protected] Antenna 5 June 9th 09 05:20 PM
new scanner tutorial mitbr Shortwave 0 November 6th 04 02:31 PM
new scanner tutorial mitbr Scanner 0 November 6th 04 02:30 PM