Old May 13th 14, 05:49 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Explaining the numjbers used to criticise certain posts to these NG.

"gareth" wrote in message
It seems to me that the posts from The Greater Windbag and The Lesser
Windbag into this NG are motivated by infantile emotional states rather
than the
intellectual level that one might expect in an international discussion
group.

Insofar as the basis of their posts IS infantile, there appear to be a
limited
range of insults in their repertoires, and by categorising those insults,
we
would be in a position to assess each post of theirs by noting the
category
number, but without actually responding to the childish jibes and so
starve them
both of the attention that they so desperately crave?

1. The Usual Suspects
2. Hambo
3. Burt
4. Tuning a PA
5. The dB and its correct usage.
6. Super-regenerative receivers
7. Big K
8. Reading the manual
9. Controlling one's newsreader, uk.misc
10. Envy of wealth
11. Superior qualification
12. Walter Mitty
13. Confabulation
14. Fantasy World
15. Fish Oil
16. No proper career
17. Underachiever
18. 12WPM Morse is the ultimate qualification
19. Avoiding technical discussion (a bit rich, that one!)
20. Bitterness
21. Bile
22. Insecurity
23. Invoking a Straw man
24. Claiming that others have dug a deep hole, but then go to lie in it
themselves.
25. Running away by claiming, "It's in the archive"
26. A lapse of memory
27. Twisting of facts
28. A non-existent sock puppet of Gareth
29. An obsession with removing trousers from children (and thus revealing
themselves as a closet paedophile)
30. Gotten to
31. Exam questions with the answer given are more difficult than those
without
32. Bigots
33. Killfile malfunctions
34. Microwaving food.
35. Dried Frog Pill
36. No fool like an old Nemesis
37. Channel 30 on CB
38. Half a mile
39. Infantile gratuitous outburst not covered by any other category
40. Wall of text
41. Being too stupid to be able to read what is put
42. Downright lying
43. Tomlinsonian obsessive spite
44. LOL
45 Sneering at others' technical viewpoints.

Old May 13th 14, 06:31 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"gareth" wrote in message

Snip the dross-

What are numjbers?

Only asking this as you are so often claiming your superiority in all things
English (spelling and grammar) and have indeed taken great pleasure in
pointing out others' mistakes.

Old May 15th 14, 09:27 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default The completer list

When I started to classify the poor debating style of M3OSN and
his ilk, I had naively assumed that the list would only run to about 10.

How wrong I was; who would have thought that there were so many
ways in which the M3OSNites try to change the subject!

"gareth" wrote in message

"gareth" wrote in message
[...]

46. Ignorant blustering infant desperate for attention
47. Being irrelevant
48. Mentally deranged obsessive
49. Been googling
50. Freudian Projection
51. Other attention seeking (different from #46)

Old May 16th 14, 02:38 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"gareth" wrote in message
"gareth" wrote in message
[...]

52. A vehicle for abuse
53. Trying to save face by ingratiating with new faces.

Old May 24th 14, 10:12 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Updated list; M3OSNitis seems to be an evolving disease.

"gareth" wrote in message
"gareth" wrote in message
[...]

54. No family or friends
55. Malicious