Old July 16th 03, 08:16 PM

Default HAMCALC version 65 Question

What Operating System are you using. Win2K and XP don't have DOS. That
might be your problem.

Henry WA0GOZ

T.E.O wrote:

Has anyone downloaded HAMCALC version 65 from the QST website & actually got
it to work?

I unzipped it to my C: DRIVE as instructed. I have both the VE3ERP file and
the GWBASIC file in my root directory.

When I do a RUN: VE3ERP, I get the message "You can not SHELL to BASIC"

Old July 17th 03, 04:59 AM
Tom Holden

Works for me on Win98, right from the Start Menu. My cmd line is
E:\VE3ERP.BAT. I see gwbasic.exe in the same path. I can't remember if that
came with HamCalc or whether I put it there. The bat file either needs it to
be in the same path or there has to have been a PATH command issued prior
that includes the path to gwbasic.

73, Tom

"T.E.O" wrote in message
link.net...
I'm using Win 98.

Old July 17th 03, 04:59 AM
Tom Holden

Works for me on Win98, right from the Start Menu. My cmd line is
E:\VE3ERP.BAT. I see gwbasic.exe in the same path. I can't remember if that
came with HamCalc or whether I put it there. The bat file either needs it to
be in the same path or there has to have been a PATH command issued prior
that includes the path to gwbasic.

73, Tom

"T.E.O" wrote in message
link.net...
I'm using Win 98.

Old July 17th 03, 07:19 AM
OK1SIP

wrote in message ...

Hi all,
I got my new version from
http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/HamCalcem.html . The page says it is
ver.65, but the archive has number 66. I REMed the "attrib" line in
the VE3ERP.BAT file. Now it runs O.K. under Win2K. It worked even
without that change, but an error message appeared shortly at the
startup.

BR from Ivan OK1SIP