Old August 20th 03, 03:37 AM
Frank Gilliland

In om, "Bruce Raymond"
wrote:

Well you've managed to hit my kill file. Good riddance
to your anti-social pap.

Gee, I'm hurt. Maybe someday in the future, when you sift through the archives
and read this thread again, you might do so with an open technical mind. Oh, and
maybe a behavioral therapist holding your hand and to provide counseling for the
trauma of learning that not everyone behaves according to the edicts of some
middle-aged newspaper columnist.

Old September 2nd 03, 05:06 AM

Frank Gilliland wrote:

In , "Harry \(SM0VPO\)"
wrote:

Hi all,
I am having a spot of bother with prescaler chips. Basically I need to find
one at the right price and availability. US$5 each is reasonable, but where
from? Is there one available that is not obsolete?

I live in Sweden and my local component shop is ELFA (Swedens answer to RS).
They don't sell ANY digital divider that operates above 50MHz, except for
the 74F163 and I cannot come up with a reliable interface circuit to couple
an oscillator into it at over 100MHz.

I found the MB501 (MC12022, SP8704) but it is obsolete and cannot find a
reliable source. I bought a couple, but that source dried up. All I need is
a divider chip that will accept a small signal up to 150MHz, is available,
cheap(ish) and will divide down to under 10MHz so that I can use CMOS to
process a synthesiser. A parallel-load synthesiser chip with in-built 150MHz
prescaler would do.

I have used "Teleport" to download over 50,000 pdf datasheets without any
luck. I have gone through most of them, but it takes a fair bit of time. If
anyone has a helpful suggestion I would appreciate it.

BR from Harry - SM0VPO

http://w1.859.telia.com/~u85920178/
harryvpo (at) hotmail (dot) com

Man, if THIS ain't a trip -- a well-known, over-rated internet homebrew tech
asking for help for a simple prescaler.

Over-rated?? Well, Harry's homebrew website is infinitely
better than yours ...