Old August 25th 03, 07:58 PM
Clair J. Robinson

Default Weller WTCPN Soldering Staton

The soldering iron, P/N TC201, for the subject station has burned out.
The heating element is P/N TC208 with pigtail leads. A local supplier
has told me that it cannot be obtained any more and another supplier
that I found on line told me that they had them back ordered with an ETA
of 01/31/03 so I think that they can't get them anymore either.

Does anyone know of a source?

If there is none, can anyone verify that the newer soldering iron, P/N
TC201T, can be used with the older power supply? It sure looks like it
can.

Thanks es 73, CJ K0CJ
Old August 26th 03, 12:13 AM
Tweetldee

"Clair J. Robinson" wrote in message
The soldering iron, P/N TC201, for the subject station has burned out.
The heating element is P/N TC208 with pigtail leads. A local supplier
has told me that it cannot be obtained any more and another supplier
that I found on line told me that they had them back ordered with an ETA
of 01/31/03 so I think that they can't get them anymore either.

Does anyone know of a source?

If there is none, can anyone verify that the newer soldering iron, P/N
TC201T, can be used with the older power supply? It sure looks like it
can.

Thanks es 73, CJ K0CJ

Mouser www.mouser.com stocks the TC201T iron and repair parts for it. I
don't know the difference between the WTCPN station and the WTCPT station
that Mouser lists in their current catalog (page 1027), but if the TC210T
iron is interchangeable with the TC210, then that's the place to go.
Cheers!!!
--
Tweetldee
Tweetldee at att dot net (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in the

Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.

Old August 26th 03, 01:48 AM
G.Beat

"Clair J. Robinson" wrote in message
The soldering iron, P/N TC201, for the subject station has burned out.
The heating element is P/N TC208 with pigtail leads. A local supplier
has told me that it cannot be obtained any more and another supplier
that I found on line told me that they had them back ordered with an ETA
of 01/31/03 so I think that they can't get them anymore either.

Does anyone know of a source?

If there is none, can anyone verify that the newer soldering iron, P/N
TC201T, can be used with the older power supply? It sure looks like it
can.

Thanks es 73, CJ K0CJ

Clair -

I have already answered this for you directly. The TC208 "sired-in" heater
used in the original TCP-1 irons and early version of the WTCPN station
are still available from Weller. Wassco (California) is a very good Weller
distributor -- takes about 2 weeks - since they do not stock the wired in
heater.

The TC201P and TC201T irons (that use the newer plug-in heater) will work
with the TC202 base.

Greg
w9gb