Old October 5th 03, 02:20 PM
Alexander S. Wood

Default Alinco DX-701

Hi All

A member of my local club has recently acquired an Alinco DX-701 and is
finding it to be of little use as a main station radio.

Can anyone tell me if this set, which is the HF only channelised version of
the DX-70 (100W), can be converted to a more usual VFO type set.

There are various solder pads on the PCB which can be joined or not to
enable various options. Unfortunately the manual I have does not detail the
function of these.

Failing that has anyone got any ideas for making this a more useful set than
it currently is, e.g. computer controlled scanning or such like.

Thanks

Alec Wood M1BNK

--
Interested in Amateur Radio?