Old October 13th 03, 05:37 PM
OZ1EQC

Default Sample frequency adjustment

Hi

Is there any possibility to change the sample frequency on the soundcards ?

If you take the MMSSTV program from Mako mori, he has done the software so
you can set the sampling frq to eg. 11.030 instead of the 11.025 but if I am
using the PC-ALE software from Charles G4GUO I dont have this possibility.
Especially laptop computers soundcards dosnt follow the standard, which
means that most of them are more or less useles in connection with software
that hasnt the possibility to adjust the sampling.
If I look in the Codex settings, I can choose between the standard values
8000Hz, 11.025 etc. but none gives me the possibility to setup a user
sampling frequency.
Is there a way to change the soundcards sampling frequency and how ?

Thanks in advance

Per OZ1EQC

Old October 13th 03, 07:31 PM
Bob

Isn't there a crystal (or crystal oscillator) you can replace with one of
the desired frequency?

Old October 13th 03, 07:31 PM
Bob

Old October 13th 03, 09:02 PM
OZ1EQC

Could be a possibility, but if you still have have 1 1/2 year warranty its
not smart :-)

73 Per