Old November 17th 03, 08:13 AM
harshit

Default any good books?

i am an electronics and commn engr looking to get into real world desing. i
was wondering if someone could direct me to some good books for radio
frequency design. which are the classics that the experienced members always
suggest

Old November 17th 03, 12:23 PM
Frank Dinger

i am an electronics and commn engr looking to get into real world desing.
was wondering if someone could direct me to some good books for radio
frequency design. which are the classics that the experienced members

always
suggest

===========================
An excellent book on 'hands-on' RF design is a rather recent ARRL
publication :

'Experimental Methods in RF Design ' by Wes Hayward , W7ZOI / Rick Campbell
, KK7B and Bob Larkin , W7PUA

It covers designs for a large part of the RF spectrum from HF to Microwave.

It is one of the most stimulating publications in this field I have seen for
a long time. It's a real gem !

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Old November 17th 03, 03:55 PM
Wes Stewart

|===========================
|An excellent book on 'hands-on' RF design is a rather recent ARRL
|publication :

|'Experimental Methods in RF Design ' by Wes Hayward , W7ZOI / Rick Campbell
|, KK7B and Bob Larkin , W7PUA
|
|It covers designs for a large part of the RF spectrum from HF to Microwave.
|
|It is one of the most stimulating publications in this field I have seen for
|a long time. It's a real gem !

I don't have that one but the predecessor was "Introduction to Radio
Frequency Design" by Haywood.

Wes N7WS

Old November 17th 03, 03:55 PM
Wes Stewart

|===========================

Old November 17th 03, 04:27 PM
KeyBoard In The Wilderness

Take a look at Communication Receivers By Rhode, Whitaker & Bucher

--
73 From The Keyboard In The Wilderness
----

Old November 17th 03, 04:46 PM
Paul Burridge

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 00:13:10 -0800, "har****" wrote:

i am an electronics and commn engr looking to get into real world desing. i
was wondering if someone could direct me to some good books for radio
frequency design. which are the classics that the experienced members always
suggest

Get a copy of 'RF Circuit Design' by Chris Bowick (Newnes). It's a
mine of useful info on designing your own stuff; recievers and
transmitters. A remarkable reference work and not too expensive,
either!

--

"I expect history will be kind to me, since I intend to write it."
- Winston Churchill

Old November 17th 03, 09:49 PM
Laura Halliday

Wes Stewart wrote in message . ..

I don't have that one but the predecessor was "Introduction to Radio
Frequency Design" by Haywood.

Uh, no. EMRFD was positioned as the successor to
Solid State Design for the Radio Amateur.

Introduction to RF Design is an excellent book. But
it's not related to EMRFD.

My list of books I've found interesting and/or
informative (not all electronics-related) is at
http://www.qsl.net/ve7ldh/reading.html

Laura Halliday VE7LDH "Que les nuages soient notre
Grid: CN89mg pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W - Hospital/Shafte