Old November 27th 03, 08:34 AM
Heikki Ahola

Default Max nr of poles in CW-filter ?

Having built several ladder filters for SSB (8.. 10 MHz, 4 .. 8 poles)
with BW abt. 2 kHz (mainly for TX applications) I would like to try a
narrow filter (BW 500 or even less). One thing I am worried about is
the insertion loss. Has anyone any experience regarding the maximum
number of poles (= crystals) in such narrow filters. I have seen designs
for SSB with 14 poles but some doubts exist if this would be excessive
in a CW filter.

73 de oh2lzi (Heikki)