Old December 5th 03, 06:52 PM
rob34

Default Large roller inductor

I have a big roller inductor made by E.F.Johnson model 226-5. It would
make a great coil for the homebrew linear as it could easily take 5kw
and has enough inductance for 10 through 80 meters. It is a beautiful
silver plated coil in excellant shape that measures 13.5 inches from one
end of the shaft to the other and the coil is 3.5 inches in diameter. It
measures 8.5 inches from end to end of the insulated plates which holds
the coil itself. Very heavy duty construction, just a little too big for
my needs. You can go to this website to see pictures on it:
http://photos.yahoo.com/rob34115 and look at Rob`s photos. There are
three pictures of it and some electrolytic caps and parts for a HV power
supply I am selling. Please make me a reasonable offer on these items!
WB8VWI Rob
Old December 5th 03, 07:39 PM
Reg Edwards

You forgot to specify by far the most important characteristic - the
inductance.

At least you could give the number of turns. Otherwise it's a pig in a
poke.

Please allow a prospective customer to decide what bands can be tuned.

Old December 5th 03, 08:08 PM
rob34

rob34 wrote:

I have a big roller inductor made by E.F.Johnson model 226-5. It would
make a great coil for the homebrew linear as it could easily take 5kw
and has enough inductance for 10 through 80 meters. It is a beautiful
silver plated coil in excellant shape that measures 13.5 inches from one
end of the shaft to the other and the coil is 3.5 inches in diameter. It
measures 8.5 inches from end to end of the insulated plates which holds
the coil itself. Very heavy duty construction, just a little too big for
my needs. You can go to this website to see pictures on it:
http://photos.yahoo.com/rob34115 and look at Rob`s photos. There are
three pictures of it and some electrolytic caps and parts for a HV power
supply I am selling. Please make me a reasonable offer on these items!
WB8VWI Rob

As can be seen from the pictures there is 14 turns at 3.5 inches in
diameter which is more than enough inductance for 10-80 meters. I am not
sure what the actual inductance is, you might be able to go to a website
with the model number and get the exact specs. WB8VWI Rob