Old December 15th 03, 07:47 AM
VA7LNX

Default RF Crystals

Does anyone know how common 10.7MHz oscillator crystals are and where I can
get them, preferable in Canada.

The reason, I've decided to build a 21MHz xcvr and the 10.7MHz crystal, when
multiplied by 2 is at 21.4MHz which is at the top end of that band. The
10.7MHz crystal will be running the LO (obviously).

TIA

--
Donovan Hill
VA7LNX (Basic, Advanced)
Old December 15th 03, 10:33 AM
Gregg

West Crystal, Kelowna, BC :-)

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*
Old December 15th 03, 10:33 AM
Gregg

West Crystal, Kelowna, BC :-)

Old December 15th 03, 11:03 AM
W3JDR

Donovan,
Out of curiosity, what IF frequency are you planning to use that required a
10.7 MHz crystal?

Joe
W3JDR

Old December 15th 03, 04:40 PM
VA7LNX

W3JDR wrote:

Donovan,
Out of curiosity, what IF frequency are you planning to use that required
a 10.7 MHz crystal?

10.7MHz. (I used to work in commercial 2-way, so that's what I'm used to.)

Joe
W3JDR

Old December 15th 03, 04:41 PM
VA7LNX

Gregg wrote:

West Crystal, Kelowna, BC :-)

Oh! Thanks! I couldn't remember the name of those guys. I used to deal with
them for my xtal needs for commercial 2-way.

--
Donovan Hill
VA7LNX (Basic, Advanced)

Old December 15th 03, 04:43 PM
VA7LNX

"VA7LNX" wrote in message
Does anyone know how common 10.7MHz oscillator crystals are and where I

can
get them, preferable in Canada.

The reason, I've decided to build a 21MHz xcvr and the 10.7MHz crystal,

when
multiplied by 2 is at 21.4MHz which is at the top end of that band. The
10.7MHz crystal will be running the LO (obviously).

TIA

--
Donovan Hill
VA7LNX (Basic, Advanced)

actually, I've changed my design. I'm going to go with a direct conversion
reciever instead of building a heterodyne reciever this time around. It's a
lot simpler and smaller to build and will be a good refresher for 2-way.
(It's been about 4 years since I touched a radio.)

--
Donovan Hill
VA7LNX (Basic, Advanced)

FS: Test Equipment, Tubes, Keys, Crystals, etc. Dave Hollander Boatanchors 0 September 29th 04 04:22 PM
Crystals for TEKK KS-960 Transceiver Rob Digital 6 May 25th 04 12:04 PM
FS SX-117 Crystals Bob Boatanchors 2 October 18th 03 02:29 AM
FS SX-117 Crystals Bob Boatanchors 0 October 17th 03 02:03 PM
FS: 40 Meter Crystals (FT-243) Bill Golden Boatanchors 0 August 25th 03 09:42 PM