Old December 18th 03, 05:32 PM
Joshua G Senecal

Default Weller station gone bad--how to fix?

Hi all,

I have a Weller WTCPS soldering station with a 201U power supply and 201P
iron, using a 700 degree F tip. Last night I powered it up in preparation
for soldering some connectors, and a few minutes later I saw that the tip
and metal shaft of the iron were glowing red-hot.

Any ideas as to what is causing this, and will it be cheap to fix? Are
there any checks I can do to diagnose the problem? Or should I just dump
the thing and buy a new one? I bought the station over 11 years ago, in
practically new condition, at a yard sale for $5, so I got my money out
of it, but if a reliable fix is cheaper than purchasing a new soldering
setup I'd rather go that route.

Thanks!

-Josh, AE6IQ

--

Remove the reversed "nospam" in the address.