Old January 7th 04, 08:02 PM
Lenny Wintfeld

Default Anyone willing to contribute an old Handbook CD?

Hi,

A new friend, Ciro, CO6CR, who I recently met on 14070 psk asked me if I
have an old copy of the Handbook CD. I don't, but I promised him I'd ask
around the newsgroups.

If someone has an old Handbook CD they'd be willing to part with, I'm
sure Ciro would be very appreciative. He's currently using a '70s
vintage German made rig that was designed for 40 meter operation. He
modified its PLL for 20 meter operation without having a schematic! A
pretty resourceful fellow.

His rig produces no psk output at all with low audio drive, and then
when it finally does output, it has an IMD of -8 or higher and 3 or 4
visible sideband pairs. I'm sure he's looking for a way to improve this
situation.

Anyway, if you do have a Handbook cd you can part with, send it direct
to him at his QRZ.COM address, or send it to me and I'll forward it.

73,
Lenny W2BVH