Old January 31st 04, 07:16 PM
zindazenda

Default bird dummy load construction..

well looking at a Bird 500w continious load, and it appears to me to be a
horizontal ali tube..with lots of cooling fins prssed on..is this tube oil
filled? if so pressure release valve???

asking as i want to make a load that out preforms my heathkit cantenna..(in
load capability) and am wondering if i can make a copy...

simon g0zen

Old February 3rd 04, 09:21 PM
Tom

Bird or equivalents can be bought very reasonably even the 500W. Save the
trouble and buy one Not much use after 1296Mhz though