Old February 20th 04, 08:04 PM
Duncan Clark

In message , SpamLover
writes
Is there any place on the web whence I can download some
high-definition graph for a 0-100 or 0-180 scale? I'd print it out in
large format and then reduce it to the size I need by means of an
ANALOG photocopier.

http://www.qsl.net/wb6bld/meter.html

Duncan
--
Support bacteria. They are the only culture some people have.

Duncan Clark

Old February 24th 04, 09:52 PM
SpamLover

Thank you everyone!

I haven't tried "Meter", but "Dial" already made me the proud owner of
a nicely printed 0-100 linear scale.

Question: I had to do a screen capture and print via IrfanView, as
the Radius setting had no effect on the printed size. Did I do
something wrong?

(However, using the screen capture, the result is excellent!)

Re. log scale: don't you get any serious problems with fine rendering
/ printing? My PC/Video/printer work very well with Meter + IrfanView,
but I can't get anything decent out of Excel/Open Office, as both
approximate fine divisions too roughly for any practical use, even
when doing HUGE pie charts.

Thanks again, sooner or later I'll post pics of the new rig.

It will (should) be a broad tuning-range HF regen with a highly
repositionable, crystal referenced bandspread (either one generic
0-100 linear scale with tuning graph book, or perhaps a series of
slide-in tuning cards, both so cutely retro!) plus switchable
wide/phone/CW audio bandpass filtering, and a few other tricks.

Also, by the way, do you know of anyone using a film scale + lamp +
lens to PROJECT the tuning scale in a homemade device? This would be
sooo cooool! I'd even be tempted to print in the names of a selection
of broadcasters, coastal stations, nets, QPR windows, USN fax, GCSS,
whatever....

Spammy

Old February 25th 04, 02:34 AM
xpyttl

The radius should affect the printed result. *HOWEVER* - the radius in the
Windows version is in pixels. On your printer, pixels are usually pretty
small these days, so you need to make the dial absolutely huge on the screen
to print reasonably.

Most commonly printers are 300 dpi (although some newer ones are a lot
higher) so a radius setting of 150 would give you a 1 inch diameter dial.

om...

Old February 26th 04, 09:16 AM
SpamLover

the radius in the Windows version is in pixels

Perfect! Now I can get excellent results.

Thank you!
Old February 26th 04, 09:16 AM
SpamLover