Old March 1st 04, 02:01 PM
FAZAMY

Default Freeware/shareware ADIF?

I'm seeking adif file freeware or shareware. Is this available? I want to do
some log combining and need this file.

Tnx
KB2AMY
Old March 1st 04, 03:22 PM
FAZAMY

No need to respond to my previous post.
I have found what I was seeking

KB2AMY
Old March 1st 04, 03:36 PM
xpyttl

Evan

The question is, what are you trying to do?

ADIF is a file format. It is well documented, and it can be produced with
any text editor. Lots of places have the docs, but www.hosenose.com/adif/
seems pretty good.

The ADIF spec, unfortunately, leaves quite a bit of room for interpretation.
Different implementors interpret it a bit differently, so you may have a
little trouble moving something from one application to another using ADIF.

If you have a paper log that you want to convert to ADIF, most of the
logging programs support ADIF exports, although maybe not all the freeware
ones. Still, look for any of the popular loggers.

You said you wanted to do some "log file combining". If you have a logger
that imports and exports ADIF, simply stick the files together with a text
editor. The format is a text format, and if you open an ADIF file with
Wordpad it will be pretty obvious what is what.

Old March 2nd 04, 01:28 PM
FAZAMY

Thanks xpyttl for your help. I did what I needed to do. The reason for my 1st
post was that an explanation I got suggested that I needed to get ADIF from an
external source.. However, upon more research, I found that ADIF was already
on my logging program. And I exported two log files into ADIF and then
imported them into a log file to make one log.

73,
KB2AMY

Old March 1st 04, 03:22 PM
FAZAMY