Old March 4th 04, 04:00 AM
Guy

Default 455 KC oscillator = CB jamming device

when I lived in Reno, NV there was a person who was not very friendly
on the radio. He was always getting drunk and once he was full of
liquid courage, would swear, throw dead carriers, drive the drivers
and us locals crazy. So a cb/ham operator made a device that was real
small,,,it was placed in close proximity to his house, within 1/4
mile. When he would key up on ch-19, it would start a audio carrier
that was intermittant,,it was like a pulse for 5-7 minutes, he would
key up again and once again get this pulsating tone, is the best way
to describe it. Needless to say he cleaned up his act, and started to
come around. So now I am in willamette valley and have the same
problem. the person who made that "toy" has passed on,so now I am
looking to get something of the same concept made. Any ideas? JPT.
Old March 4th 04, 07:47 AM
Gregg

Just "pin" his coax.

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*
Old March 4th 04, 07:47 AM
Gregg

Just "pin" his coax.

Old March 4th 04, 10:00 AM
Paul Burridge

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 07:47:46 GMT, Gregg wrote:

Just "pin" his coax.

Isn't that likely to disrupt his characteristic transmission line
impedance? ;-)

--

The BBC: Licensed at public expense to spread lies.

Old March 4th 04, 12:07 PM
acepilot

I guess I always get confused by these posts. What good does it do to
jam the offenders receiver? He can't hear it until he unkeys. If he
keeps getting that annoying tone in his receiver, the easiest way to get
rid of it is to go key down again.

Scott
N0EDV

Old March 4th 04, 01:15 PM
Joe McElvenney

Hi,

The way I read the post is that the pulsing noise would
come out of the rig of the offending individual each time
he keyed-up which puts this 'device' in the urban-legend
category.

Cheers - Joe

Old March 4th 04, 01:38 PM
Joe McElvenney

Hi,

OOPS! On a second reading I think that I misunderstood
the posting and realise now that the device was meant to
generate an annoying signal for a few minutes 'after' he
had released the pressel. Were it close enough to the
offending station, it would only need to be of quite low
power and limited sensitivity so restricting it to the
offending individual.

As we all know, one of the intentions of those who seek
to disrupt a channel is to subsequently wallow in the
result of their efforts. This signal then would help
prevent them from enjoying the fruit of their labours.
Unfortunately though there doesn't appear to be a newsgroup
equivalent.

Cheers - Joe