Old March 7th 04, 01:57 AM
Tom Kreyche

Default Hand soldering QFN package?

Has anyone tried hand soldering leads on a QFN package? perhaps dead-bug
style using wrap wire? Or?

I have 20 or 32 pin QFN chips I'd like to play with but the tiny size is
rather intimidating. I have successfully soldered SSOPs.

thanks, Tom

Old March 7th 04, 02:22 PM
maxfoo

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 01:57:19 GMT, "Tom Kreyche" wrote:

Has anyone tried hand soldering leads on a QFN package? perhaps dead-bug
style using wrap wire? Or?

I have 20 or 32 pin QFN chips I'd like to play with but the tiny size is
rather intimidating. I have successfully soldered SSOPs.

thanks, Tom

Best way that works for me is using a hot plate to heat up the pcb to 170C.
then apply a drop of flux on the bottom of the chip, melt solder on the pcb
footprint and place to chip down. capillary action will direct the chip in
place.

Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.

FS: ANTENNA PACKAGE N2ION Equipment 0 February 2nd 04 10:34 PM
Price Reduction FT-847 Package [email protected] Digital 1 September 7th 03 02:28 PM