Old March 21st 04, 06:20 PM
DLT

God's gift to women wrote:
"Bill Turner" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:31:15 -0000, "Airyhead R. Bean"
wrote:

while the Mongolian hordes
of turnip-brained CBers

Your JT QSL card is hereby canceled.

You really must excuse Mr Bean, Bill. As you have no doubt worked
out, after four years at university, the only thing he has to show
for his efforts, is a drinking degree :-(

Regards
tox

That's why he keeps wetting himself, every time he opens his mouth.

Old March 21st 04, 07:49 PM
G-whiz

Bill Turner wrote:
proclaiming how vastly superior you are to the unwashed masses.

Ah - I see you've been to a UK radio rally then...

)
Old March 21st 04, 07:49 PM
G-whiz

Old March 21st 04, 08:10 PM
Dog

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:36:09 +0000, Airy R. Bean wrote:

BTW, It is CB Radio that is a "hobby". Ham Radio is a technical
pursuit.

It is both, but has unfortunately bean given the wrong image by querulous
sad old gits.

Had any QSLs on negative frequencies yet?

Old March 21st 04, 08:32 PM

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 13:41:00 -0000, "Airy R. Bean"
wrote:

The CBer reveals himself every time that he opens his mouth.....

"Bill Turner" wrote in message
.. .
Bill, W6WRT
47 years of hamming and still unimpressed
by the likes of Airyhead Bean.

You've done it now Bill! You'll be on Airy's blacklist. Expect to be
called "5 year old", "she", "infant". etc etc ... in fact all the
inane claptrap that we have been pestered with since Airy (also known
as Gareth Alun Evans, G4SDW, of Chippenham, England) slipped headfirst
down the "john"...

73 and keep smiling Bill..

Peter, G3PHO

Old March 21st 04, 10:35 PM
Brian Reay

"Bill Turner" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:29:24 -0000, "Airy R. Bean"
wrote:

There is no "self-centred, holier-than-thou" proclamation
that I am "vastly superior" ..... "to the unwashed masses" in what
I assert.

Of course there is. The fact that you don't see it is the whole point.

Actually Bill, the best bit is that "Airy" (real name Gareth) actually shows
very little evidence of having the technical knowledge he likes to claim.

--
73
Brian

Old March 22nd 04, 04:26 AM
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

In article ,
says...

top-posting corrected ... Please don't top-post!

"Dr. Anton T. Squeegee" wrote in message

For someone who claims such a broad base of knowledge, your
viewpoint is pretty short-sighted.

No. It is not short-sighted. Ham Radio is a technical
pursuit with technical privileges and I wish it to remain so.

Well, that's fine. You can, in your own way, make your
participation in amateur radio as technical as you want.

HOWEVER -- Technical pursuits are NOT the only reason the SERVICE
exists. You apparently did not take my advice to read the material at
the links I provided on Part 97 of the FCC regs, more specifically the
section which defines what the amateur service is. Had you done so, you
would have read that there's a lot more than the technical side
involved.

Any sitting-on-the-sidelines while the Mongolian hordes
of turnip-brained CBers pour in is ill-advised because the
powers-that-be will come to perceive Ham Radio to have
become indistinguishable from CB Radio and the technical
privileges will be in danger of being withdrawn.

blink

You know, up until you made that utterly inaccurate and utterly
loony statement, I was under the impression that you could be
reasonable.

Far from being short-sighted, the viewpoint that I
express is long-sighted.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. I would, however,
point out that the "Mongolian hordes" (are we being racist now as well?)
have been "pouring in" for the last several decades.

While there has been a noticeable (and, IMO, lamentable) decline
in the number of tinkerers, as it were, amateur radio is still around,
and I think it will continue to be around for many moons to come.

For the sake of avoiding newsgroup clutter, I will no longer
debate these points with you. It is apparent that you do not care enough
to take Part 97 (or whatever its UK equivalent is) seriously.

God help whatever newcomer asks you an 'elmer' type question about
amateur radio...

*PLONK!*

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm --
www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"