Old March 25th 04, 02:03 AM
john graesser

"xpyttl" wrote in message
Would you believe - Radio Shack.

They only have three colors, though.

Are you sure it is 30 gauge? I seem to remember RS wire as 28 gauge. I still
have a full bag of ww wire spools, along with several hundred sockets, I
built many a small machine like an cosmac elf with ww.

Old March 25th 04, 09:38 AM
Rex

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:03:52 -0600, "john graesser"
wrote:

Are you sure it is 30 gauge?

30 gauge is the standard gauge for wire-wrap wire.
I've used it a lot for building up one-off circuit boards. This is by
soldering, not wire-wrapping. The insulation type does make quite a
difference if you solder it. I think Kynar is the one that works well.

Old March 27th 04, 01:27 AM
James W

RS calls it "wrapping wire" Part No 278-501 is for the Red Color

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=278-501

Brokebob wrote:
One color is fine with me. The two local stores claim that it is not available
anymore.
(broke=not working, retired=not working, retired=broke)

Single ground Bill Ogden Antenna 26 November 25th 04 03:47 AM
Stainless steel antenna wire Larry Benko Antenna 3 August 27th 04 01:03 AM
Adding lengths to bare wire antenna? Ken Antenna 8 May 3rd 04 03:03 PM
ton of wire to apply at 90 Mhz Dan Jacobson Antenna 4 April 10th 04 12:54 PM
randon wire newbie question lethal Antenna 4 February 7th 04 11:01 AM