Old April 1st 04, 05:22 AM
Andrew VK3BFA

(Jack Gibson) wrote in message . com...
(Andrew VK3BFA) wrote in message . com...

Hi Tim,
this wont be the answer you want but the usual method is to horribly
overdrive your ssb transmitter/linear and that way you are all over
the band! (a joke, OK?)

Miss Smarty Pants (aka Laura Halliday) in her usual inimatble(sp)
style has answered as well, I dont have a PHD so havent a clue what
she is talking about. But she says it should be obvious, maybe you can
figure it out and tell the rest of us uneducated slobs...

What's with the personal abuse? Her answer made perfect
sense to me.

A direct sequence signal is spread by BPSK modulation at the
chip rate. Double the frequency and the 0/180 phase shifts
become 0/360, removing the spreading.

- Jack

Hi Jack,
it wasnt meant as abuse - merely that I didnt understand Lauras
references. If you think being called a smarty pants is abuse, then
you have had a VERY sheltered life - or perhaps its cultural, - BTW -
I went to her site and read the papers she has there - the writing is
clear, succinct and on a level that I can understand. Maybe it was
asking a bit much for Laura to "dumb down" her reply, and I have no
right to expect her to do this. But I rely on these groups as
tutorials on the wide variety of things I dont understand - I am a
mere technician who spends his working life trying to figure out what
the design engineer was trying to do and why it failed after only a
few months in service.

Hope this clears this up

de VK3BFA Andrew