Old April 1st 04, 04:58 PM
denton

Default Johnson Matchbox...adding T200 inductors?

Hi all..
I have a couple of T200 cores laying around that I want to wind with No 14
enameled wire.
Can anyone give me a ballpark figure how many turns I will need to wind them
to add inductance to the ends of my 275 watt Johnson Matchbox for use on 160
meters?
thanks in advance de Denton WB7TDG

Old April 1st 04, 08:09 PM
Reg Edwards

"denton" wrote in message
Hi all..
I have a couple of T200 cores laying around that I want to wind with No 14
enameled wire.
Can anyone give me a ballpark figure how many turns I will need to wind

them
to add inductance to the ends of my 275 watt Johnson Matchbox for use on

160
meters?
thanks in advance de Denton WB7TDG

===================================

Fill it up with 18 gauge and tap the turns.

Old April 2nd 04, 06:01 PM
Eskay

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 07:58:16 -0800, denton wrote:

Hi all..
I have a couple of T200 cores laying around that I want to wind with No 14
enameled wire.
Can anyone give me a ballpark figure how many turns I will need to wind them
to add inductance to the ends of my 275 watt Johnson Matchbox for use on 160
meters?
thanks in advance de Denton WB7TDG

There was an article in Electric Radio magazine that added fixed capacitors
to the lowest frquency setting to get the Matchbox to tune 160 meters.I
don't have the magazine but do have the scanned pages.
Let me know if you want them.
73 de Sieb,,VE3JUA.