Old April 19th 04, 10:25 PM
Uwe

Default homebrew specialty paint finish

So the project is done and you want to put it in a box, maybe even paint
it...

Well here is a slightly unrelated inquiry, maybe someone here knows to point
me in the right direction or give me the proper name for a kind of paint, I
call it a crinkle finish, some refer to it as alligator finish.

It is the kind of paint finish you see on Bolex and Arriflex movie cameras,
I also see it on military style electronic gear, very resilient, black
crinkly finish which also prevents the item from slipping out of your hand.

What is it really called and who would have such stuff??

73 Uwe