Old February 20th 16, 05:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Tektronix SUCKS!!!!!

On Monday, November 10, 2003 at 11:03:06 PM UTC+1, Frank Gilliland wrote:
Tektronix is trying to manipulate the oscilloscope market. Today I learned from
my local dealership that they are required by contract to destroy every scope
which is traded in for a new Tektronix scope, regardless of age or condition. So
if you decide to trade in that old scope for a Tektronix, know ahead of time
that it is NOT going to end up in the hands of a ham, or of some kid learning
and experimenting in electronics on a tight budget like I was thir... er, twenty
years ago. No, Tektronix needs to raise their profits by destroying every used
scope they can get their greedy little hands on, regardless of who feels the
pinch!

They once owned Lightworks Editing Systems for movie / broadcast editing in London I remember with their VIP product etc they just didn't understand the business, the product won a technical Oscar also before they took it over. The business got sold off, people lost their jobs and is now marginalised freeware and not the competitor with Avid that it once was. Well done Tekronix.
Old February 20th 16, 11:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

wrote in message
On Monday, November 10, 2003 at 11:03:06 PM UTC+1, Frank Gilliland wrote:

They once owned Lightworks Editing Systems for movie / broadcast editing in
London I remember with their VIP product etc they just didn't understand the
business, the product won a technical Oscar also before they took it over.
The business got sold off, people lost their jobs and is now marginalised
freeware and not the competitor with Avid that it once was. Well done
Tekronix.

-----ooooo-----

You replied to a post from just over 12 years ago.

Old February 21st 16, 08:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 02/19/2016 11:27 PM, wrote:
On Monday, November 10, 2003 at 11:03:06 PM UTC+1, Frank Gilliland wrote:

LOOK AT THE DATE

Tektronix SUCKS!!!!! private Homebrew 165 December 10th 03 07:58 PM
Tektronix SUCKS!!!!! private CB 67 November 23rd 03 01:47 PM
Tektronix SUCKS!!!!! private Swap 66 November 23rd 03 01:47 PM
Tektronix SUCKS!!!!! private CB 0 November 11th 03 04:48 AM
Tektronix SUCKS!!!!! private Swap 0 November 11th 03 04:48 AM