Old March 29th 16, 07:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Group Pollution

Why is this group polluted by the various blog feeds? I see that is
virtually all that shows up in r.r.a.m. So why not let that be the
group for people who want to read blogs as posts? I can't see where
r.r.a.m is actually useful for discussion, so that seems the right spot
for this sort of thing.

I'd like to see a bit more useful and relevant content here. Is there a
way to get the bloggers to stop posting their stuff here? I assume they
are the ones doing it, right? Or is it some third party?

--

Rick
Old March 29th 16, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 3/29/2016 2:06 PM, rickman wrote:
Why is this group polluted by the various blog feeds? I see that is
virtually all that shows up in r.r.a.m. So why not let that be the
group for people who want to read blogs as posts? I can't see where
r.r.a.m is actually useful for discussion, so that seems the right spot
for this sort of thing.

I'd like to see a bit more useful and relevant content here. Is there a
way to get the bloggers to stop posting their stuff here? I assume they
are the ones doing it, right? Or is it some third party?

It isn't the bloggers, Rick. It's the moderators of rram (panix.com),
who think they control the entire rra hierarchy.

They think they're keeping the groups active when in reality all they
are doing is driving people away. Unfortunately, I think it's too late
for many of the rra groups.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================
Old March 29th 16, 07:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 3/29/2016 2:34 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 3/29/2016 2:06 PM, rickman wrote:
Why is this group polluted by the various blog feeds? I see that is
virtually all that shows up in r.r.a.m. So why not let that be the
group for people who want to read blogs as posts? I can't see where
r.r.a.m is actually useful for discussion, so that seems the right spot
for this sort of thing.

I'd like to see a bit more useful and relevant content here. Is there a
way to get the bloggers to stop posting their stuff here? I assume they
are the ones doing it, right? Or is it some third party?

It isn't the bloggers, Rick. It's the moderators of rram (panix.com),
who think they control the entire rra hierarchy.

They think they're keeping the groups active when in reality all they
are doing is driving people away. Unfortunately, I think it's too late
for many of the rra groups.

What do the moderators of r.r.a.m have to do with r.r.a.homebrew? Are
they posting the blogs to r.r.a.h?

--

Rick
Old March 29th 16, 07:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 3/29/2016 2:47 PM, rickman wrote:
[...]

Yes, I see that in the header. Geeze, what is up with those guys?

--

Rick
Old April 8th 16, 06:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 3/29/2016 2:55 PM, rickman wrote:
[...]

The moderators of rec.radio.amateur.moderated are free to crap on their
own group, but why do that have to crap on other groups too? Can't they
just leave the other groups alone and let people have conversations in
them without all their blog pollution?

--

Rick

Old April 8th 16, 07:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 4/8/2016 1:36 PM, rickman wrote:
[...]

That would deprive them of their "fame", Rick. They're as bad as spammers.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================
Old April 8th 16, 07:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Fri, 8 Apr 2016 14:18:01 -0400, Jerry Stuckle
wrote:

[...]

them without all their blog pollution?. They're as bad as spammers.

I agree with you there. The problem with blogs is a lot of them write
a load of ******** and don't get feedback to correct the errors .

I define spam as posts to a newsgroup without any intention of
lookring at the followups, Ok it's by a third party but it has the
same effect, but worse as the posts are badly formed from the
original HTML,

Furthermore I've never seen any one posting " What this newsgroup
needs is a few more blogs"

Brian