RadioBanter

-   -   SSB AM FM Detector IC (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/23110-ssb-am-fm-detector-ic.html)

Leon Heller May 25th 04 05:23 PM

"John" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a multimode detector IC that will handle SSB, AM and

FM?
Looking at an old ARRL handbook I can see LM373. Is there a more modern
chip?

You can do all those modes with a DSP. 8-)

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Gregg May 28th 04 06:39 AM

Behold, Leon Heller signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

"John" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a multimode detector IC that will handle SSB, AM
and

FM?
Looking at an old ARRL handbook I can see LM373. Is there a more
modern chip?

You can do all those modes with a DSP. 8-)

Leon

How many 12AU7's do I need to make that? ;-p

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*

Michael Black May 28th 04 07:01 AM

"John" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a multimode detector IC that will handle SSB, AM
and

FM?
Looking at an old ARRL handbook I can see LM373. Is there a more
modern chip?

You can do all those modes with a DSP. 8-)

Leon

How many 12AU7's do I need to make that? ;-p

Well, you wouldn't be using 12AU7's.

At the very least, you'd be using Compactrons to get maximum tube
count per envelope.

But likely, Nuvistors or sub-miniature tubes would be the only way
to do it, if it could be done, since they are so much smaller.

Michael VE2BVW

J M Noeding May 28th 04 11:41 AM

On Tue, 25 May 2004 15:47:32 GMT, "Harold E. Johnson"
wrote:

Does anyone know of a multimode detector IC that will handle SSB, AM and

FM?
Looking at an old ARRL handbook I can see LM373. Is there a more modern
chip?

I have some 373's and I think, some 273's as well if you'd like to try your
hand at one. (free to good home)

W4ZCB

It was a thread short while ago, you may also find some info on my
page http://home.online.no/~la8ak/c11.htm - unfortunately I had to PC
crashes this year so I cannot give more info, but believe Pete KE9OA
had some boards using somewhat more up-to-date solution

73
jm

J M Noeding May 28th 04 09:17 PM

On 28 May 2004 06:01:02 GMT, (Michael Black)
wrote:

Well, you wouldn't be using 12AU7's.

At the very least, you'd be using Compactrons to get maximum tube
count per envelope.

But likely, Nuvistors or sub-miniature tubes would be the only way
to do it, if it could be done, since they are so much smaller.

Michael VE2BVW

I'd suggest you to try the universal and easy to solder detector - 6H6
and let the software compensate for the missed electronic skills

JM