RadioBanter

-   -   SSB AM FM Detector IC (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/23110-ssb-am-fm-detector-ic.html)

J M Noeding May 28th 04 09:17 PM

On 28 May 2004 06:01:02 GMT, (Michael Black)
wrote:

Well, you wouldn't be using 12AU7's.

At the very least, you'd be using Compactrons to get maximum tube
count per envelope.

But likely, Nuvistors or sub-miniature tubes would be the only way
to do it, if it could be done, since they are so much smaller.

Michael VE2BVW

I'd suggest you to try the universal and easy to solder detector - 6H6
and let the software compensate for the missed electronic skills

JM

Pete KE9OA May 30th 04 08:20 AM

That is correct....................in my current version, I am using an
Analog Devices AD607 as the Sync detector, but this chip will also function
as an SSB and as an FM detector.

Pete

"J M Noeding" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 May 2004 15:47:32 GMT, "Harold E. Johnson"
wrote:

Does anyone know of a multimode detector IC that will handle SSB, AM

and
FM?
Looking at an old ARRL handbook I can see LM373. Is there a more

modern
chip?

I have some 373's and I think, some 273's as well if you'd like to try

your
hand at one. (free to good home)

W4ZCB

It was a thread short while ago, you may also find some info on my
page http://home.online.no/~la8ak/c11.htm - unfortunately I had to PC
crashes this year so I cannot give more info, but believe Pete KE9OA
had some boards using somewhat more up-to-date solution

73
jm