Old September 5th 04, 05:46 PM
bobinphx

amen!!!!

bob in phx (mesa really, but who in the outside world knows that mesa and
phx are neighbors.)

Old September 6th 04, 06:46 PM
clifto

Charles DH Williams wrote:
The exposure to fumes by a child will likely be minimal but, as
the purpose will be 'educational', there may be a duty to employ
best practice so they end up knowing what a safe workstation is
like.

My first serious soldering was a Knight-Kit at age 14, and I started
working full-time as a TV serviceman at age 16. I'm here to tell you
that the fumes haven't affected my cheese. Watch it, spaceman, you're
crushing my petunias. Nerts. Hot solder pie with crunchy plumbing, yum.
No ill effects whatever.

--
"The Democrats are all over this. Democratic strategists feel John Kerry's
war record means he can beat Bush. They say when it comes down to it, voters
Old September 9th 04, 05:53 PM
Gary S.

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 03:34:01 GMT, "Harry Dellamano"
wrote:

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message

Lucky you. PDX has a Fry's and a little local outfit, but that doesn't
count for real parts. I used to live in the Boston area, 30 minutes
away from an Active store -- that was nice, particularly since it backed
up against Future (same company) & you could get non-catalog items at
the counter if you really needed them.

When I lived in the Boston area Radio Shack was a real parts warehouse
(on Commonwealth Avenue) with a will-call counter (only 45 years ago
;-)

...Jim Thompson

That was probably before they got bought by Tandy.

Tim Wescott

When I lived in the Boston area, I would drive by Radio Shack on the way to
Scully Square and the real good parts.
Cheers,
Harry

Scollay Square was a little before my time.

Of historical note, the Sears Crescent Building there, still standing,
was where A G Bell and Watson worked on inventing the telephone.

Greater Boston still has You-Blew-It Electronics in Needham. (Actually
You-Do-It). A few other suppliers, but not like when this was a center
of manufacturing.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA